First Bandsaw - Kity 612 - Any Info

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought my first bandsaw today,been humming and haaing for months now but could not justify buying a new one for the limited use it would get ,so after seeing an ad in the local paper last night i ended up buying a Kity 612,it is obviously quite an old model but was in decent condition and came with 9 new blades.It is built the proverbial brick outhouse .now could anyone furbish any info about this saw,such as age size of motor,or anything else just out of curiosity.

Hi Rod

Welcome aboard :) .

I can't help you with info about the Kity 612, but I've had a Kity 613 for a few years now and it's a smashing saw. If you'd like a copy of the manual for a 613, I could send you one.

Gill

Best of luck with your purchase and many happy hours of sawing, try a heading Kitty 612 that might attract some one.

All that I have got in my Kity catalogues is that the blade length is 2120mm

Jason

Welcome to the forum Rod. I'm afraid I know nothing about your machine but best of luck with it.

Cheers

Thanks for all the replies,i was just curious about it ,fitted new blade guides today and made a few adjustments,it works very well.I bought it from a retired joiner who was selling a lot of his tools.As i said before it came with 9 new blades so not bad for £30.I also bought a small circular saw from him,it has a thin 136 mm blade and has a spring loaded plunge action (first i`ve seen) ,it was brand new ,made by Atlas Copco ,it cost me the grand sum of £15.
He had a hand plane made by a company called Norris which was about 15 inches long but he wanted £150 for it .He said it was worth a lot more ,was he correct .It was in very good condition and certainly looked a nice tool.

Rod,
The handplane was rubbish - please send me the man's phone number!

Yes, he was right, the plane could be worth quite a bit more than £150.

Back