First Bandsaw Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianhabby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Here's a great little project for a Sunday morning, my first bandsaw box:

500.jpg

Copied from Woodworking for Mere Mortals. You might want to check out some of his other stuff on youtube.

I bought a 1/8" bandsaw blade from Ian at Tuffsaws which made the job quite straight forward. I might have a go at other designs. If you search youtube for 'bandsaw box' there's some amazing stuff on there.

regards

Brian

Ian":3grfrz4w said:
Very nice Brian - is that elm?

Ian

Actually, I have no idea what the wood is. It is part of an old coffee table top that I dragged out of a skip a couple of years ago. It was a diagonal slice off a log with wavy edges on all four edges. No matter where I put it, it would just fall over and was getting on my nerves. I even considered chopping it up for firewood but decided to have a proper look at it and when planned up I found it full of wild grain and knots which is perfect for this type of project. I've got enough left for one or two similar size boxes so will probably use it up that way.

regards

Brian

Well done Brian

Caution... boxes are addictive, after 6 or so you may find your self thinking about different colour segments and using a scroll saw :D

Very cool Brian! As soon as I saw it I thought "That looks just like Steve's bandsaw box." I'm a big Mere Mortals fan too.

Thanks for all the positive comments. Everyone who looks at this box is impressed, even me - and it was really simple to make. My daughter wants one now but she said i've got to put a secret drawer in it. I'll have a go and post my efforts here.

regards

Brian

Back