Firewood Log prices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niagra

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm getting some freshly felled ash on Saturday and would like some advice on how much to offer for them. I'd like to pay firewood prices plus a bit more. However, I don't know what firewood prices are for logs - anyone have any idea?

Thanks,
Dario

Varies by area, type of wood, freshly cut or kiln dried, type of delivery (bag/loose/pallet) etc.

Around here prices start at £40 per cubic meter (builders bag) up to £160!

cheers,

Ferenc

Not sure I was clear in my post. I'm using the wood for chairmaking, but I'd want to pay more than a firewood supplier would pay for the logs before processing - not a bag of seasoned and chopped up wood.

In your post you asked for fire wood prices and that was the replies you got.

It's difficult to determine what somebody should pay for some wood, compare it to fire wood prices and add a bit more.

Cheers!

Ferenc

A firewood supplier is going to be paying rock bottom prices, given the prices firewood goes for. You could probably offer something like £50-100 a cubic metre and still beat them.
Even at the top end of that, it's a lot cheaper than sawn Ash would be (typically closer to £1k for a cubic metre).

Thanks for the replies guys. It's a pay what you want kind of a place, so at least I won't either insult the chap or rip myself off!

Latest posts

Back