Finished Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Here are some pics of my table, all sanded and covered in danish oil :D .

col316.jpg

col318.jpg

col319.jpg

col317.jpg

I can post some more pics if you like from beginning to end, let me know .
Hope you all like the pics.

SCOTT :D

Scott,

Very nice, your own design? What are the timbers ?

Scotty":2evkiwnz said:
I can post some more pics if you like from beginning to end, let me know .

Well I say yes please but then I love to see what the rest of you are doing and how you did it. :shock:

Scott

that is a really nice job there :wink: We would definitely like to see the full work in progress photo-story; we even started a new forum recently just for those types of posts. Please post the lot :wink: :)

Scotty, what a very nice table. We certainly would like to see some wip pictures.

Regards

Woody

Scotty,

When you frst showed pics of this in glue up way back, I was sceptical about that sapwood in the walnut.

I was wrong - looks great - well done. Some really nice detailing as well.

Look forward to the other pics

Cheers

Tim

Same here,
I had my doubts about the sapwood but it looks wonderful with a finish, a nice "swoosh" which adds a lot of movement.
Very nice work!
Frank

Scott

Very nice job, choice of woods compliment each other and I especially like the way you have DT the bottom rails., well done

Hi Scott

Great work.

I would love to see all of your wip photos. I find it really interesting to see how other people have tackled a job.

Well done.

Neil

Scott,
Well done indeed. It looks great and you have obviously learnt a lot in the making of it. I bet you are well pleased - you ought to be!

Beautiful piece of work, would look quite at home in any competition :)

My only thought is will the lower rails be sufficient to support that pile of magazines or will this fall through?

Dennis

Excellent piece. Very well done. I love the two-tone, and especially the contrasting DTs in the base rails.
The sapwood in the Wlanut is a great feature.
Good job!

Really Like this... But aren't you just showing off with all the amazing detail?

:p

Jorden":1plf9v14 said:
Absolutely. Lucky he didn't make it in time to enter... :shock: :wink: That swirl of sapwood is very cool. I love it when something like that happens and the wood (either fortuitously or planned - the latter in my case of course...) comes together and makes an "ooo" feature.

Cheers, Alf

gorgeous, some lovely timber and obviously a talented woodworker

envious

steve

I like it! please tell and show us more. You have been brave not to make a shelf on the lower stretchers which would have hid the detail.

Andy

Jorden":va6s4tvu said:

My only thought is will the lower rails be sufficient to support that pile of magazines or will this fall through?

Dennis

Yup you are right they would hit the floor :( so i am going to be fitting some glass between the first and second rails. No glass in the center or the out side ( hope that makes sense ), the top of the glass will be flush with the rail top. And the timber is walnut and ash.

SCOTT :D

Back