Finish over acrylic paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning all, I am just finishing a couple of plywood items for my niece's birthday and I have painted them with acrylic paint, cutting back between coats. One of them is a name plate for her door, which will not be handled much, but the other is a name jigsaw and I was thinking that this may well benefit from a protective coat or two. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I ended up working all weekend, so I'm two days behind and it's her birthday tomorrow, so it will need to be reasonably quick drying.

Thanks,

Noggsy

I know the date has passed but acrylic is pretty bomb proof and used as a primer to overcoat in 'something' else, ie going from ooil to water based. Tubes or small jars of artists acrylic paint may have been a possible. Dries quickly so you would need to thin it a bit. Some really cheap tubes around. Best wishes.

Cheers Twothumbs. I ended up using an acrylic Matt lacquer from Chestnut which worked brilliantly. Acrylic definitely needs some practice and I did have to thin it a bit with water, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Back