Finish nailer problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have over oiled my dewalt 15g finish nailer and now their is oil being pushed out of the exhaust and from around the trigger. I didn't use any more oil than what dewalt reccomends its because i would only use it for small jobs say 5-7 drops of oil and i would only fire about 20-30 nails so over time the oil has built up and as a result it is causing my problem. Any advice on what i should do now and in the future would be much appreciated.

5-7 drops sounds a bit much. 1 - 2 when you remember usually provides enough lubrication. Think the higher dosage is for a framer firing 1,000s of nails per day.
What to do? Live with it or take it apart and blow out or mop up the excess oil.

Noel

PS, since it ain't my tool maybe give DeWally a bell in Slough just to be on the safe side.

Do you think that for the next couple of times i use it i don't oil it and maybe that way i will be able to use up some of the excess oil.

derek681":39sdvgyh said:
Do you think that for the next couple of times i use it i don't oil it and maybe that way i will be able to use up some of the excess oil.
Yes I would give that a try and see what happens.

Derek, if it's full of oil I wouldn't oil it for a long time, at least until you can't smell the oil from the exhaust, maybe in a 1000 shots or so. Or, blow air with a pistol attachment into the air feed and force the oil out of the handle etc.

Noel

Back