Finish for ash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony,
The patina finish used on this dining table is very tough, heat resitant (hot tea cups etc), water resistant spills etc just wipe dry - but repeated banging with the sharp end of a fork does leave marks!

It gets cleaned periodocally with a damp cloth then bog standard spray on furniture polish.

dining_table_top.jpg

Andy
edit ps the finish was put on in 1994 & looks as good now as it did then.

Hi Simuk
thats a lovely table you have made. Can you post more pics when its finished. Could you also tell which magazine you see it in

Thanks for the reply Chris

Andy

Lovely table and the finish looks good as new as you said. I get the feeling that this patina will be my number one finish from now on :wink:

Did I miss a post of your table (or forget? now that I'm 'in' my 40s and my memory is going - trying to catch my faculties :) ) don't remember seeing it before on here :?

I know this is an old topic, but wanted to try some Patina on Ash as I don't want the ash to yellow as in an oil finish . Screwfix is not listing this product in their catalogue or on their site. Can it be purchased anywhere else?

Regards

John

SORRY - Found another thread that answered my question

Back