Finger Belt Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
It's one of those tools that from time to time I think would be useful.

That thought has just now happened once too often and a finger sander now needs to be purchased. But which one?

I don't want cheap & cheerful, something mid range plus? It's not that I'm going to use it too much, I just want to know it's going to work when I need it.

Can anyone recommend please? Cordless would be really good, but I committed years ago to Dewalt and they don't make one. I am prepared to be persuaded.

Ta 🙂

For infrequent use, A silverline one will do what you want. 13mm belts available cheap at screwfix. In fact, I'm going to be using mine tomorrow to grind some glass down

I've got the corded Makita. Bought for one job about 10 years ago and used about twice since.
It's very good at what it does, it's just that what it does isn't required very often.

Thanks guys. I think it’s going to be the Silverline. The Makita looks good but a bit bulky for the first job it need to do.

Hi, Evolution tools have one that has a repositionable belt which could be handy in different situations. I use the B&Decker powerfile and once it dies I will likely go for the evolution. I have used powerfiles for many years in both wood and metal working.

Latest posts

Back