Fine WoodWorking Mag.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonA

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the spam, but I was just wondering if anyone had their copy of Finewoodworking to hand? I've been racking my tiny brain to remember the name of the company who makes the Plasma/LCD rise and fall hardware. You know the fancy things that rise out of the cabinets and floors. The company has been advertising in FWW for the last couple of issues.

Cheers and thanks for you help.

SimonA

Cheers Chris, I was hoping you'd reply, I'm sure you'd mentioned them before.

Thanks again.

SimonA
Whos loves you S&S plane!!

SimonA":lgfwxv8b said:
Whos loves you S&S plane!!
I followed the link Chris gave - you could just about afford an S&S for the price of some of those lifts! :shock:

Cheers,
Neil

LOL, Neil, but very true.......unfortunately I wasn't looking for me, I was pricing one up for a job, which probabably won't go ahead now looking at those prices........I might have a look at building one myself though, can't be that difficult...LOL....

SimonA

I think you're right... maybe someone like Tony would be able to help?

Looks very easy to me - chain drives, limit switches... I must admit I'm struggling to see how they can even remotely justify their prices!

Keep us posted if you go down the DIY route - I would like to do something like this myself at some point.

Cheers,
Neil

From what my little brain can remember, they didn't used to be as expensive as that, but with the boom in Plasma/LCD tvs they seem to have lifted their prices to take advantage of the situation!

The system they use is a simple rack and pinion one......even with the 3secs thought I'd given it I could come up with a rough cheap version that uses a course thread system, a bit like the rise and fall on some planer/thicknesser beds......the rack and pinion would be more stable and a quieter though.....

SimonA

---you can buy lifts from Häfele, Simon. They will have motors configured to UK electrical supply and current as opposed to US 110 V, 60 Hz which is what the Auton products are likely to be work with.

You may have to highlight, copy and paste the url below into your address bar to go to the relevant page at the Häfele website. Slainte.

http://www.hafele.co.uk/Hafele35a1/Temp ... ma+TV+lift

Thanks for this Sgian.....How hard is it to open an account with these people, I could do with purchasing a lot more normal stuff from them.......

SimonA

Simon

They used to just require a business letterhead when opening an online account. Don't know if they require more info now.

Cheers

Tim

Simon, if you're in a business likely to use their products and can prove it they'll open an account for you. Slainte.

Cheers for that Adrian.....

Looks as if the client is going to probably go ahead with this project early next year :)

Cheers for all the help.

SimonA

Simon

Rather than open an account with Hafele you'd probably be better finding one of their many agents. One company I know of who acts as agent is Woodfit in Chorley - they don't show the Hafele stuff in their catalogue, but will certainly supply it (there is a catalogue at their trade counter). Possibly PWS Distributors up in your part of the world are a redistributors, but I've not dealt with them for a couple of years, so I'm not sure. Over the last 18 months or so both Hafele and Hettich seem to have approached various board material outlets to redistribute for them, so that's another place to start.

My understanding is that the lifts sold by Hafele are made by Auton in any case - they might be cheaper in the USA but they're certainly heavy and shipping would be quite expensive.

Scrit

Thanks for this guys, this info is great......the more I look into this the more I fancy one for myself!!

SimonA

Back