Quantcast

Fine tuning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Now that main battle is over (well for me anyway) I'm trying to fine tune my "forum experience".
When I go to the "whats new" page, the bottom third is my "latest profile posts".
Why do I have to read the same posts over and over again? I dont need to see those every time, in fact I dont even want to see them at all unless I go to my profile page.
Any chance of removing them please?

And unless MikeK is posting at 2.45 am the time machine is still wrong. :cool:

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
If you click on the "What's new" link on the blue bar, you will see what you described, including posts you made. If you click on the little down arrow to the right of the link and click on "New posts", you will see only the new posts that you have not read. When you have browsed all you want to read, click on the "Mark forums read" link on the far right below the black bar.

The machine time is correct. I was still posting then. :(

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Night shift is no good for you Mike, I know.
Do I really have to mark every post every time when I've read it?
This site is getting more complicated by the minute. I'm starting to suspect they get paid by the number of clicks recorded each day

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Copy this address (right click on it and choose "copy link") and make it your shortcut address to UKW. That will give you a one click access to posts made since your last visit.

The site should remember what you have already viewed.

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
I use the link Nev posted as my UKW bookmark. This brings up only the threads with new posts that I have not read. If I click on one of them, it takes me to the first post in that thread that I have not read. Make sure there aren't any numbers after "/posts/" when you make the bookmark. These numbers will be added to the URL when you go to the site and will update every time.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/whats-new/posts/

When I'm done reading that thread, I click on my UKW bookmark again, which reloads the page. The thread I just read is no longer in the list. When I am done reading any of the available threads, I click on "Mark forums read" and this clears the list. If I click on my UKW bookmark again, there is nothing to read.