Fine Filter Cartridge For Dust Collectors 480mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been after one of the above to fit an Axminster dust extraactor. The Axi version has been out of stock for weeks, is still quoting 12 weeks for delivery but overnight has jumped from £153 to £199 (similar story with their AC118CI and the head alone from around £100 to £150!). Anyone know of a source of suitable third party filters?

Are you sure it’s 480mm? (Most popular sizes are 500mm)

According to Axi BUT not sure how much to believe what they say in their specifications as they often contradict themselves. For example, many of their dust extractors stipulate a minimum hose size of 75mm however in a couple of recent Woodworking Wisdom tutorials they have cited the same machines as being perfect for their AC1950B bandsaw which has 63mm ports!

I did see the iTech filter on your site with its 500mm diameter and wondered if that would fit?

Attachments

• 480mm.jpg
    480mm.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 9
Charnwood do a 500mm cartridge filter which they claim fits the axi. I hope so cause I've ordered one, mind you that set me back £189 including postage.
Geoff

Charnwood do a 500mm cartridge filter which they claim fits the axi. I hope so cause I've ordered one, mind you that set me back £189 including postage.
Geoff

I'd be interested to hear how that goes please. Although I'drather wait and pay the extra tenner to Axi as give Charnwood any more of my money! I did put a ruler over mine and it is definitely 480mm. Do they do this on purpose so you have to buy theirs? If it's ever in stock, that is!

According to Axi BUT not sure how much to believe what they say in their specifications as they often contradict themselves. For example, many of their dust extractors stipulate a minimum hose size of 75mm however in a couple of recent Woodworking Wisdom tutorials they have cited the same machines as being perfect for their AC1950B bandsaw which has 63mm ports!

I did see the iTech filter on your site with its 500mm diameter and wondered if that would fit?
they have a thick rubber gasket on the bottom which I reckon would compress 10mm with the clip on, but I would be a bit nervous about squashing it 20mm.

they have a thick rubber gasket on the bottom which I reckon would compress 10mm with the clip on, but I would be a bit nervous about squashing it 20mm.

To be perfectly honest, I have no previous experience with either this type of extractor nor of fine filters and how they fit in place. I'm thinking it might be possible to cut a 500mm ring out of ply or MDF with a 480mm aperture?

To be perfectly honest, I have no previous experience with either this type of extractor nor of fine filters and how they fit in place. I'm thinking it might be possible to cut a 500mm ring out of ply or MDF with a 480mm aperture?

Thats exactly what I did (to fit an axi after market filter to an axi extractor), I built up a donut out of pieces of mdf, glued them together and sealed the inside edge and bottom to the extractor with silicon. Works just fine.

Thats exactly what I did (to fit an axi after market filter to an axi extractor), I built up a donut out of pieces of mdf, glued them together and sealed the inside edge and bottom to the extractor with silicon. Works just fine.

Brilliant. How thick did you make your donut?

Back