Fine dust extraction?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve James

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to buy one of those fine dust filter type things for my shop.
this is the type of thing I'm looking at http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp? ... UQIRP1QGFT

Don't know if I've put the link in properly!
I'm after something which will get rid of the fine dust which seems to hang in the air.
Any suggestions?
I'm looking to spend around £250 if possible.
BTW my shop is 7m x 6m x 2.5m

Thanks
Steve

Hi
I have been operating one of the Axminster dust extractors for over a year now and it is excellent in keeping the workshop free of dust. It is especially efficient in removing the fine MDF dust, making the place safer to work. It is important to keep the first filter cleaned on a regular basis, if not one quickly notices a marked reduction in performance.
Neville

Hi

Neville, which particular model do you have? and how many cubic metres is it designed for?
I don't know if that is important or not, but they seem to be graded by the size of workshop.

Thanks for the replies Chaps

Steve

Hi Steve
The model that I have is Axminster AFS500, which is manufactured by Jet. I have mounted it about 12 inches below the roof above the main sources of dust. I also have an Axminster ADE1200 extractor fitted with a fine dust filter which I connect to whichever machine is in use. Axminster do a larger machine but I have found that the AFS500 copes in my workshop which is similar in size to yours. My main source of dust is the mitre saw, (from a reputable German company), whose dust extraction is terrible and that was the reason for the AFS500.

Neville

Back