Finding Timber Near Malmesbury

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weasel Howlett

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Ive had a look through the archives but cant quite find what im after...

I'm looking for timber/woodturning suplies near malmesbury, North Wiltshire/South Gloucestershire. I'm not after bowl blanks, although that would be nice, more a gereral timber stockists where i can find bits and bobs for projects requireing hardwoods

There used to be a timberyard down in falmouth that had an offcust section that provided me with cheap lumps of interesting woods. Someplace like this would be great.

Any ideas would be great.

Huge thanks as always

Tried Vasterns and they weren't interested in anything less than some ridiculous amount. Maybe I just got the wrong guy on a bad day. Oscar Windebank were fine but had a limited stock. Try checking the furniture factories, several around the area. I get a lot of offcuts from the one near me as they generally just end up dumping or burning it but I am down at Devizes, a bit far for you.

Pete

Westonbirt Arboretum sells small quantities of unseasoned wood via its volunteers on the second weekend of each month. All proceeds go to the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum (FOWA) charity, which supports the FC in the running and maintenance of the arboretum. You can go along and choose the piece(s) you want. Given the variety of species in the collection, a wide range of woods is available from British natives to some exotics.

I don't have permission to post links, but if you search for Westonbirt wood sales you should find the relevant Forestry Commission page.
Graham

Back