Find your way around the Daily Mail

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks 100% accurate to me.

Seems a very useful summary of the DM to me. Now we can review its entire content in under a minute and have no cause to look at another copy - ever.

Probably the auther of the map deserves a place of honour on the black Northern/Arch Enemies Line. :)

markturner":3ev96iiw said:
Very funny..... I always liked to poke fun at the Mail as well, but these days, i find myself agreeing with them on more and more issues.....
Well old age and senility catches up with us all!

What's 'supposed' to be the profile of each daily paper reader?

I read the DM online and to be honest, there's a load of rubbish but there's also stories I tend to agree with.

The writing is terrible and there is a massive sense of over-dramatising stories but every form of news media does that.

At least with the red tops there's some boobs!

Thankfully I've stayed clear. Occasionally I get a headline glimpse at the local Newsagents.
One of them is obsessed with houseprices (so obsessed that they belong in the loony bin). The other tells me that if I eat 10,000 tons of the latest wonder veg I'm going to live forever! They too belong in the loony bin!
Or are they one and the same paper? I don't know and I don't really care.

Did some one mention Mornington Crescent ?

If so, then I would like to declare special rules apply .. thus Cockfosters and Plimico are out of bounds.

Indeed! :lol:

With any source of news and opinion I find it helps to see things written from a different, questioning point of view.

Indeed, which is why I read the DM and the Guardian. I see no point what so ever in reading only that with which you agree.
'Preaching to the converted,' comes to mind.
For the same reason I occasionally read a 'Nazi' forum and a conspiracy one.
People are fascinating!

Roy.

Digit":18ohfwhf said:

Indeed! :lol:

With any source of news and opinion I find it helps to see things written from a different, questioning point of view.

Indeed, which is why I read the DM and the Guardian. I see no point what so ever in reading only that with which you agree.
'Preaching to the converted,' comes to mind.
For the same reason I occasionally read a 'Nazi' forum and a conspiracy one.
People are fascinating!

Roy.

Betcha you don't read this website :lol:

Jacob":fdtj3vc0 said:
markturner":fdtj3vc0 said:
Very funny..... I always liked to poke fun at the Mail as well, but these days, i find myself agreeing with them on more and more issues.....

Yes, I think I am morphing into a grumpy old man.....but its a funny situation when a paper that you hate for its mentality actually starts echoing your thoughts on many subjects. To be honest, I pretty much despise all the press, the redtops are just lowest common denominator trash, the gaurdian and independant are so lefty I cant bear it, the only paper I have read that actually seems to give you well researched, fairly unbiased interesting reportage is the Times.

markturner":15d666qw said:
Jacob":15d666qw said:
markturner":15d666qw said:

Yes, I think I am morphing into a grumpy old man.....but its a funny situation when a paper that you hate for its mentality actually starts echoing your thoughts on many subjects. To be honest, I pretty much despise all the press, the redtops are just lowest common denominator trash, the gaurdian and independant are so lefty I cant bear it, the only paper I have read that actually seems to give you well researched, fairly unbiased interesting reportage is the Times.

Mmm...I think that the Times is also pretty biased. IMO the only newspaper to give news without a slant is the FT...which is fine provided you don''t want to read about Big Brother, x-Factor, Strictly, Rio Ferdinand etc!

Betcha you don't read this website

Every day! :lol:
The Guardian is good for Archaeology, but I avoid the 'Environmant' parts as that is a one man band.

Roy.

Latest posts

Back