Finally - Triton Router Review - long and lots of photos

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les its a great router table mounted. I have mine now mounted in the Triton table with its own workcentre and a maxi extension table spared with my WC and saw. Allows me to work with larger pieces.

Just finished my "Norm style" router table and fitted the Triton. Oh, what a joy to use! :D :D The ability to change the cutter from the top of the table and the simple height adjustment are just great.

Word of caution when removing the plunge spring - make sure the the router is not locked in a plunge postion; otherwise the spring shoots out at a high rate of knots when you release the cover. :oops:

For the router plate, I bought the router sub plate as used on the RTA300 Triton Router Table. This has the quick release key hole slots and cost about £14.

John

Must admit I am a bit lazy regarding making my own router table. I fancied the record rms-r one with cast iron table and sliding table with built in spring clamps for feather boards. Picked one up for a very good price through a friend and it works a treat with the Triton snuggled beneath it.

Les

les chicken":3eo4dhoc said:
Thanks Barry
Wonder where Tony got his from :?: .

Les

surprisningly, the local B&Q. Not in adelaide either :wink:

Norm's router tble works so well with the Triton. Go on Les, make one

Tony

Nice encouraging words but :cry: with the house sale /purchase falling through we then decorated every room etc,etc, :? :? :roll: :roll: . Then decided to extend garage (workshop really can't get a push bike in there) by 12 feet in length, just about to start work on it.

LOML makes a statement "you have the new router now you could make the new doors and draw fronts for the kitchen cabinets (we) have been talking about". 38 in total so I think I will have to stick with the record router table which is a nice piece of kit IMO.

Les

Thanks for the review im thinking of buying a new router NEXT time my Default 625 breaks . Les is that the record table with the sliding bed ? If it is how do you find the fixings record supply to hold the router ? i chucked mine and had a plate made up and datum lines scored into the bed , now it really is a great bit of kit .

It is that very same table. The fixings underneath are fine, works just the same as using tee bolts as on a miling machine. You need to make sure the slots are clear of the gunge used for transport. If you have a router with a thin baseplate the small jacking screws need to be used or a piece of packing inserted under the clamp.

Les

Les i found my 625 moved with the supplied bolts and tightened them to the point of bending the arms of the clamps that held the router . I ended up getting holes drilled through the top and a plate made up like the trend set up . Then datum lines scored across the bed for fast set up of fence and mitre fence . I also bolted on my own mdf / oak fence to what was supplied as i found the out feed fence snagged the timber lots . Its a great table but a little more time on the design and they could have had a cracker on thier hands .

Back