Finally some progress

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I thought I would let you see how my workshop is progressing. Its very slow as I'm still on the sick after almost two years and I have to work on it as I can. As you can see it is five sided (I had to make allowance for access from the steps at the other side of the gate). The overall dimensions are 15 ' wide at the back 18.5 ' long and 13.5' at the front, and looking through the trellis you can see a window opening 10 ' by 3'. the walls are 7' nine" high 4x2 backed by 3/4" ply. There will be a pitched roof with the ridge 2' higher and once that is up I can dismantle the inside of the existing shed.

wallsup.jpg

workshop.jpg

Drew

Drew that will be good and strong (4x2 backed with ply). Is the shed you are working around your existing workshop?

Bean

Hi Bean

yes, its an 8' x8' I built about 12 years ago. With all the accumulation of stuff there's barely room in there for me now. So after the build is finished there will be a rare old weeding out of the gash.

Drew

Another step taken. \:D/
I've got 3/4 of the rafters on, the two timbers you can just see resting on the right hand side of the wall are the purlins for that side. I still need to cross brace the roof and set up the top gables after completing the rafters. I intend installing a small door in the gable above the window to allow for timber storage in the roofspace. Incidentally if you are interested look closely at the small apple tree you can see in front of the greenhouse ridge just to the left and right of the ridge you can see (L) male and (R) female mistletoe plants.

rafterb.jpg

Drew

Back