Finally made the top!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Yes, I finally made the (a couple of) top(s)

Tried chopping a sloping diamond shape into the top with chisels and then fitting a handle pretty much as shown below but neither I nor mrs T liked it. Scrap bin :evil:

The one I liked best is simple. 8mm thick maple top with a mahogany (exact same wood as the sides but the flash photography makes it look different) diamond shaped handle to complement the DTs

I am really quite pleased with it

On the final version of the top, I left the wood standing about 3/4mm proud of the edges of the box sides on purpose as it looks 'right' this way rather than making it flush

For those who are interested, the finish is Patina and couple of coats of Chestnut's wax :wink:

Final word goes to my wife.
" I love it!. The diamond shaped handle goes really well with your dogs teeth Tony"
Says it all really :lol:

003.jpg

005.jpg

014.jpg

018.jpg

Tony
Superb piece of work, has inspired me to have a go.
Going to start with a little pencil type box to house my new plane!
Keep it up, though it is hard to see how you can do much better than that.
Regards
martin

Tony, superb =D> =D>, you should be very, very proud of yourself. I can see why others want you to make them one.

Regards

Woody

Thanks to you all for the kind comments :oops:

Took it into work today and a couple more people want one now

Just need to practice cutting Dts until I'm 10 times faster :?

or.....

leave it as a one-off and get that air filtration unit built at last

Tony":1u6h982r said:
Just need to practice cutting Dts until I'm 10 times faster :?

Tony,

By the time you have finished filling all your orders you will be!

And by then you'll be so good with hand tools, the air filtration thing will not be needed! :lol:

Tony, nice box.

By the time you have sold them all (have you worked out a price yet) you could buy an air filtration unit :wink:

Andy

Back