Finally finished!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have finally managed to finish the compter desk and will install it tomorrow night. I hate Conti board! :?
computerdesk2xz.jpg

Hi Mailee,

Looks like you only just had room to put that together. :shock: Your making good use of that new shop.=D>
Nice looking desk, but I like straight fronts, good job we are not all a like. :roll:
I assume you are fixing it to the wall for the back edge support?

Yeah, that's right Dave, I shall be fixing it to the wall for support. It was the customers request for the shape, what a pain it was too. I would have prefered just a plain one in 'Real' wood myself but mustn't argue the customer is always right, right? :wink:

Hi Mailee,

Very nice work - I like the curved shape myself.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Mailee

I reckon the curves look very good on that project. Well done.

Gill

Looking good.

Is it DIY 15mm Conti board or did you go for 8x4s of 18mm MFC for a bit more strength :?:

Is the top also melamine or did you formica (laminate) it as I can't see the joint, not too happy with the melamine as a work surface myself.

Jason

I can't imagine a desk that size will be home to just one computer.

I am in favour of the curves too

Andy

Mailee

Great job. Hope there's no problem getting the top out of the workshop and into its final location. (DAMHIKT)

Love the curves and I think they will prove most practical in use.

Regards

Roy

Well guys the customer was well happy with it. I might even have some more work from it too as his son has a communications business and is in need of some desks. :wink: Getting it out of the shop and onto site wasn't too much trouble, getting it upstairs was harder. Well Devonwoody, the edges were made out of hard pine and the front was laminated into six strips and then routed to shape. That took most of the time up. Jason, the top was two thicknesses of 15mm bonded together and screwed and the surface is just the melamine not formica. Customers request again. Yes Greenfield Bob I can take some photos once it is set up with the computer on it. Will post them once I have them for you to see. Thanks for all the great comments guys.

Back