Finally finished today... Nutcracker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melinda_dd

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you may remember last christmas I started a nutcracker soldier.
Well due to broken lathes last christmas, and not wanting to work on a christmas project through the year......
I finally finished it today!!!

His jaw opens and closes as it should from the back

Presented to my partner (who collects them) and it was very well received!!!

Any comments welcome.

Attachments

• PICT0877.JPG
    PICT0877.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 905
  • PICT0871.JPG
    PICT0871.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 906
  • PICT0876.JPG
    PICT0876.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 906
  • PICT0875.JPG
    PICT0875.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 905
Melidna, I am sorry to say that I think that the left eye is at least a 1/64th" lower than the right eye, or is that the other way round :oops:

Apart from that, if anyone were to give me him as a pressie I would be chuffed to bits! Lovely job lass, well done and I'm sure he's as chuffed as I would be!

Jonzjob":2ngw8tyg said:
Melidna, I am sorry to say that I think that the left eye is at least a 1/64th" lower than the right eye, or is that the other way round :oops:

Apart from that, if anyone were to give me him as a pressie I would be chuffed to bits! Lovely job lass, well done and I'm sure he's as chuffed as I would be!

I found the painting of the face the hardest part! :(
1/64th".... :lol: I don't work in inches and looked on a ruler today to find out how big that is... your funny :lol:

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments. I'm really chuffed with them. :D :D

It did take me a fair while :oops: started it last christmas, and it got put by the side till about a month ago when I picked it up again.

Think I should invest in some decent paint brushes tho!

It was looked at by a german friend today (home of the nutcracker soldier) and got the thumbs up in a big way!!
.... and my mummy said she was so proud she could cry ahhhhhh :oops: :D

bobham":mc2c9iym said:
It looks like you've done an excellent job, Melinda!

Nev: Here is a video from the original thread showing the manufacture of nutcrackers, with a sequence at the end showing it being used: http://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/servlet/ ... Id=4357004

Take care
Bob

cheers bob, all makes sense now :)

on a secondary note, is that some kind of super dooper chuck he hammered his blank of wood onto? it seemed to be more stable than my lathe with the tailstock for support :shock:

Back