Finally DEWALT DW735 on 220v, but still not in UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeK":173ylueu said:

eek on the price. I've never understood the value proposition of the 735 in the states. I have the 734, which was $349 here when I got it and is now $399-$449 at most places.

The 733 there converts to something like $770 in US. I get that about $150 equivalent of that is VAT (we'd have 5% or so added in most places for sales tax to the price that I mentioned).

The 734 has been a good planer for me. I don't treat it nicely, and don't necessarily use it that often, but when used, it get a beating. A delta planer (22-580) that I had before it came with a trash bar design over the knives and that planer crapped in normal casual use. The 734 has been much better.

If there's a big price add on for the 735 there like there is here, I'd be hard pressed to figure out what it's for.

In Russia is $1000. Why still not in other parts of Europe? I don't understand DeWalt, this planer has been best seller in US for many years.

im now seeing this listed on ebay for silly money, it seems to be available in oz (230v) at reasonable money and its on alibaba coming in at £900 with delivery

im trying to downsize all my machines and wanting to get rid of the big cast iron stuff for machines that can go on a shelf. i cant see the 733 being up to my needs having killed 2 machines like that in the past, id also want to upgrade it to a shelix head for a number of reasons, im slightly worried the Chinese machine will be a clone, having spoken to an agent they have sent me pictures of them stacked high in a very typical looking Chinese store room, (dont ask me how i know)

im tempted to take a punt at £900 and see if i can actually get my hands on one of these machines

of note i called DeWalt uk who list it as discontinued in the uk, i asked him when and he gave the date as the 4th of January this year, something i find odd as i have never seen it for sale in the uk, and theres no hits online for uk based stores having ever had it for sale

Last edited:
Same here.. I'm considering importing from Korea/US but the customs and shipping make it almost double the price in the US...

my wild guess on why it's not available in Europe is some over-regulated rubbish that dewalt decided not to comply with on this particular product

I think DW735 doesn't have CE certificate.
Plus the lack of parts and service makes the purchase unwise.

I couldn't find alternative in similar price range that had such positive reviews. It seems that 735 is just a good purchase if it wasn't for the fact that you'd have to import all replacement parts and wait for them longer than you'd ideally want to

Coincidence this has been reserected, I'm currently torn between the DW733 & Makita 2012NB, The more I watch reviews the more confused I get as to which one would be a better purchase.
Currently run Makita which is swaying me to stay Blue but not at the expense of it being inferior to the Dewalt :unsure:

im now seeing this listed on ebay for silly money, it seems to be available in oz (230v) at reasonable money and its on alibaba coming in at £900 with delivery

im trying to downsize all my machines and wanting to get rid of the big cast iron stuff for machines that can go on a shelf. i cant see the 733 being up to my needs having killed 2 machines like that in the past, id also want to upgrade it to a shelix head for a number of reasons, im slightly worried the Chinese machine will be a clone, having spoken to an agent they have sent me pictures of them stacked high in a very typical looking Chinese store room, (dont ask me how i know)

im tempted to take a punt at £900 and see if i can actually get my hands on one of these machines

of note i called DeWalt uk who list it as discontinued in the uk, i asked him when and he gave the date as the 4th of January this year, something i find odd as i have never seen it for sale in the uk, and theres no hits online for uk based stores having ever had it for sale
It has never been on sale in the UK as it it has never been produced in the 230v/240v 50cycle format they do the 230v for Australia but by the time you buy it pay the shipping then the Vat on the planer and the shipping and then the import tax on top of all that it ends up not a viable proposition, you'd be as well to buy two of the DW 733 GB at £528 each and that is delivered and you may get deal if you tell them youl buy two £1056 for two DeWalt planers is really good use one and the other as backup so you would always be able to keep going even when the one machine is in for repair, doesn't seem to bad to me now either lol.

Just run across russian youtuber who is reviewing DEWALT DW735 on 220v.

It is sold in the official Russian De-walt store. https://shop.dewalt.ru/elektroinstrumen ... 00-vt.html

I just tried to find it in UK, but no results. Tried n Germany also, but no results also.

Why is this machine available only in Russia?

I have just watched YOUTUBE review on the DW735X it stated DW735X requires a 15 amp supply which is 1 amp too much for a standard UK 14 amp socket.

Back