Finally after 5 years!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

after 5 years I finally got the first plane I wanted (though this one wasn't made then). I received one of these today partly curtesy of GWW who have published a couple of tips for me :wink:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=50273&cat=1,41182

After a quick fettle - usual stuff, ruler trick, hone and tickle the sole on some wet 'n' dry it is perfect!! :shock: Well worth the wait. Cuts really thin end grain shavings with little effort and cleaned up some shoulders on tenons in mintues :lol:

An absolutely fantastic plane and the wooden knobs look 100 times better in the flecsh (wood) and is definitely a 'must have'

By the way, those who remember Hannah might like to know that she has moved on and actually honed the blade for me using the eclipse jig :D well, she is 11 now :lol:

Nice one Tony!
Good to see you getting stuck in-your thoughts on the L-V after you've played with it are required, of course! :wink:
regards
Philly :D

Tony

Al I can say is your lucky. can't remember if Alf did a review on this one, would be nice if you did one irresoective, I think it's always good to have more than one viewpoint.

happy planing.

Waka":14i3hj9v said:
can't remember if Alf did a review on this one
Tsk. :roll:

Five years eh? Yep, certainly felt like it with the "I'm thinking about it" gloat, then the "posted the order with the vouchers" gloat, then the "what about the brass knobs" gloat, then the... well you get the idea folks. I've lived every moment of this purchase right along with him. :roll: :lol:

Enjoy, Tony. It's a fine plane. Second opinions are always welcome on anything I've reviewed btw; I sharn't be very offended... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Verrrrrryyy nice Tony!

I've got the medium shoulder plane, so if it is anything to go by, you're in for years of good planing.

Latest posts

Back