Final check before checkout (Jet AFS-500)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyG

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm pretty much set on buying a JET AFS-500 air filter (From axminster). However, before I click the 'pay-and-make-me-poorer' button I just wanted to see if anyone had any bad experiences with one.

I've read all the previous posts I can find on the subject of dust control. In fact, following up on a post from Andy Boyd has led to a good thumbs up on the Jet filter...

Any points I should take on board?

Many thanks
Andy

My only comment would be that I got the Axminster MTM: If portability is not an issue, you may want to save a few pennies? I'm very pleased, and it is very quiet in operation. I've hung it from the rafters in the garage with some scrap pine. Either one is a great help...

Shady, thanks for the reply. I did consider the Axminster MTM, but thought the Jet might in the end be a better bet, mainly because of the variable speed. I can leave it on the lower setting most of the time, and when I'm doing something really dusty, I can put it on full. However, the £30 difference does make you think.... That's £30 that could go towards something else!!
Andy

Yeah - dunno about the speed, I just leave it whirring away: good luck - let us know which you get and what you think...

Just avoid anything with a remote control - there's no way you'll ever remember where you put it... :wink:

Just avoid anything with a remote control - there's no way you'll ever remember where you put it...
That's a very good point. In fact I'm steering towards the MTM now... Oh decisions!!

Latest posts

Back