Filling large gap under skirting?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering why you would take up the oak floor in the first place?

Just wondering why you would take up the oak floor in the first place?

I think the main reason was the sun making the Oak flooring fade. It's a large south facing kitchen, the end wall is full width glass doors which fold back and the ceiling has a large lantern style window in it. They said whenever you moved a piece of furniture or rug you could see the colour difference of the floor. They also have dogs which I think were marking the floor, they probably now have the problem under the skirting that Dr Bob mentioned in the second post 🤣

The gap under the skirting doesn't look as bad in the hallway as you can't stand back and look at it plus the tiles are darker coloured. In the kitchen the tiles are very light grey and with the white skirting you see a definite black line between them.

I think the main reason was the sun making the Oak flooring fade. It's a large south facing kitchen, the end wall is full width glass doors which fold back and the ceiling has a large lantern style window in it. They said whenever you moved a piece of furniture or rug you could see the colour difference of the floor. They also have dogs which I think were marking the floor, they probably now have the problem under the skirting that Dr Bob mentioned in the second post 🤣

The gap under the skirting doesn't look as bad in the hallway as you can't stand back and look at it plus the tiles are darker coloured. In the kitchen the tiles are very light grey and with the white skirting you see a definite black line between them.
Sorry, what I meant was, why didn't you leave it down and put new floor on top of the Oak?

Latest posts

Back