Filling and stabilising knot

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodmatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Can anyone advise me on what to use to fill and stabilise a number of knot I have in an Oak table top I am making.I have seen epoxy used but which one,or is there a suitable alternative.
Thanks

Epoxy and instant coffee, is what I have used on pippy oak.

Pete

How big are the knots? Are you needing a thimbleful of filler or a mug full?

Thanks for your replies,there are quite a few varying in size for very small to quite sizable some are at lease an inch across and 1/4 inch deep.Can you guys recommend a particular brand of Epoxy? I want the epoxy to be as clear as possible.Thanks

is the pound shop/poundland one crystal clear? it doesn't matter if you are putting a pigment in it, but if not, any slight discolouration is going to spoil the effect.

marcros":239nzoik said:
is the pound shop/poundland one crystal clear? it doesn't matter if you are putting a pigment in it, but if not, any slight discolouration is going to spoil the effect.

Mine is.

Pete

Racers":13g4q0vy said:
marcros":13g4q0vy said:

Mine is.

Pete

+1 the one I got from the poundshop dries clear

Back