FFX Returns (not)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claud1

Established Member
Reaction score
Mid June I ordered a Festool cyst- port 1000/2 storage system at a cost of £535.00 when it arrived it was in a shoddy taped up box albeit Festool it looked like it had been through the mill with scuffs and cuts everywhere and sounded like there where bits and pieces rattling around inside, upon opening I found the 4 casters, 4 bolts, 4 washers (1 undersized) all loose and no documentation or instructions the cabinet was also marked as if it had been on display or a return. On calling FFX they offered me £30 discount to keep the cabinet but I declined on the basis that there could be more serious defects in the locking or drawer mechanism so they offered to exchange it but then a few days later they said they where awaiting stock and they would let me know when it arrived. I then asked when they were expecting it but couldn't get a answer so I then cancelled it and requested a refund but since then I have not been able to contact them by phone after dozens of times trying and they are not replying to my emails I wonder if anyone else has had this kind of problem with them it is a lot of money for me so any advice would be appreciated

I buy from FFX regularly (including Festool) and have had no problems at all with them. I hope you manage to achieve a satisfactory resolution.

PS: when they offered £30 off, that was their opening gambit. It would not be difficult to check whether the storage system was defective or not. If it was usable I would have said - "happy to keep it for a £100 discount".

If you paid by credit card, go through the rejection and refund process with them. Defective goods and retailer unresponsive.

They were really bad during lockdown as you'd kind of expect. Took me 3 goes to get some missing hard wear sorted for the Kreg router table I had off them.

I've had mixed results with FFX. Some stuff has arrived no problem in good condition how it should.

I've had a Fein arrive in the wrong box. They then sent a new one in the right box but the corner was bust. Was also offered about £30 discount but declined and got one not broken. Bit of a palaver but sorted in a reasonable time.

Had a makita impact driver. Arrived in an oversized macpak with the wrong insert. They stated they buy multipacs (eg impact driver/drill combos) then split them to make it as cheap as possible for the buyer. Nothing on the website tells you this. Again I got what I was supposed to when I spoke to them.

Recently bought an empty sys2, looked like it came from out of a coal mine it was that black in grime. Washed it was ok and couldn't be bothered to return.

So experience is mixed but they've always sorted it for me. This was all pre COVID. I'll still buy from them again as they're generally the cheapest for many things

Mark

I have always found FFX to be good.

I ordered a Festool Domino XL from their website. I noticed next day they had reduced it in price since I bought it, feeling a bit cheeky as the original price was already the cheapest around I phoned them and they let me have it at the new cheaper price.

Thanks to all for the response I tried again today to say a waste of time with email and phone calls so I have decided to go with getting a refund through Barclaycard I also looked up Trustpilot reviews and some of them were unbelievable one guy lost £600 because he returned his Festool item himself at his own cost only to find they said they never received it I find it quite surprising that a company like Festool with such high standing would let a dealership like FFX sell their products with the after sales service like FFX (after all they are not cheap)I will think hard before my next Festool purchase

I've also had mixed experiences with FFX on a few Festool purchases.

After the last debacle, I've been buying any further items from my local Festool retailer. On most occasions, the local company will match, or at least get very near the price FFX are selling for.

Many issues with FFX myself, last one a jigsaw sent through post in a thin plastic bag only, jigsaw damaged internally, rattling bits inside, they tried fo refuse refund claiming nothing wrong and to pass it on to Dewalt for warranty repair, who would rightly decline due to mistreatment due to the evident bashes. Paypal claim sorted it.

They often are the cheapest and each time it feels like roulette, so I make sure I pay via paypal.

On Friday I contacted Festool about the problem I was having with FFX regarding one of their products and they said they would see what they could do well this morning at 9.10 am I received a message from FFX saying that they wood pick up the item tomorrow I don't know if it was a direct result of Festool or not but I would guess it is as I have been trying to contact FFX for weeks without success now I will have to see how soon I get a refund

Back