• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FFX 10% off everything, today only (Monday)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonm

Established Member
Reaction score
14295CEF-299C-4F2F-9177-27C120D3E2C0.png

. . . and it just brought prices down to pretty much the norm from other suppliers
That is not my experience. In November 2019 I purchased a Makita LXT 36v DLM431z lawnmower (body only) from them. Price including VAT and delivery was £79. It was a bargain then and power tool world currently sell the replacement for £259

https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/makita-dlm432z-twin-18v-lxt-cordless-36v-lawn-mower-430mm-body-only

I have also purchased from them a “DeWalt DCF601D2-GB 12V 2 x 2Ah XR Brushless Sub Compact Screwdriver” for my son. I would have searched extensively at the time for the best price.

Their prices include delivery so I have used them for small items like individual drill bits, dustpan etc. For example 2 number 15mm flat wood bits, £2.08 including Vat and delivery, most places would charge twice that just to deliver.

I am sure you can find examples of them charging 10% more than other suppliers but that would apply to virtually every other supplier. The other issue is that at the moment with prices rocketing upwards, prices can depend on when the supplier purchased the item.

I have found them in the past to be a reliable supplier and competitively priced. It may be that at the moment on some items that is not the case, but I posted the offer based on my previous experience, as given above.

I recently bought a Triton thicknesser from them. Their price was comparable with everyone elses within a few quid,and when you added in the free next day delivery costs, the best deal available. You have to look at the whole deal and also stock availability. I have no complaints about FFX service, delivery and overall prices. If you can get it cheaper somewhere else, then go there.

Back