Fettling TSPP250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halo Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently acquired a Record Power TSPP250 with a busted motor. Good news is that I fixed the motor for a grand cost of £4.75 after a motor repair company quoted me £250 for a full rewind :shock: , so I am now onto setting the thing up properly.

Next problem is that the blade cannot be set to 90 degrees. With the angle adjuster turned as far as it will go there is still about 2 mm difference between the top and the bottom of the blade when referenced to a square. The manual for the saw does not mention how to set this. Is it a matter of shimming up the table on the appropriate side with washers or similar, or is there a slightly more sophisticated way of doing it?

Cheers,

Halo

Hi Halo
I have the TSPP250 and am very happy with it.
This is only a thought but, is it possible that in repairing the motor you may have put the sliding carriage the motor and saw blade are mounted on out of alignment?
If so maybe you might have to take the cast iron table off to access the mechanism. Good luck with it, must say I don't envy you if you have to lift the top off as it's bl**dy heavy.
Howie

Thanks Howie. Just saw your post after I'd had another look at it. I reckon the previous owners had just never set it properly.

It really was pretty obvious but you do need to take the table off (I hadn't fully reassembled it so wasn't too bad as I can lift the individual sections easily enough - parents blessed me with a strong back!).

For future reference there are stops front and back which can be slackened when the table is off. pop the table back on set the blade to 90 and tighten the adjuster. Lift the table back off and then slide the stops up and tighten the bolts. Put table back on and away you go. (Who needs a gym membership when you have a table saw with a cast iron top!)

Let me know if anyone wants pictures of where the adjuster are before I reassemble the whole thing.

H.

Back