Festool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, got it, love it.

Couple of cons:
1) documentation on the web i've seen says the suction continues for a few seconds after the tool's turned off when using the power take-off. On mine, I haven't noticed that happen - turn the tool off, the vac turns off
2) small capacity cos of small size (the mini kinda gives it away, huh?)

Pros:
1) small size :)
2) the hose actually fits my tools without adapters - the first I've ever come across that does! I actually took the extractor fitting from my dw621 to the shop to test out all their small vacs - even the dewally one didn't fit, but the festo does perfectly
3) the hose/cable tidy on the top is great when it's not in use
4) if you have other festo stuff, the ct series allows the systainers to be clipped on top

All in all, it copes admirably with everything I've thrown at it thus far, and despite its low capacity, it does take a while to fill up if you're using it for what it's intended - dust producers, not major chip producers like planers.

For info, I bought mine from Isaac Lord in High Wycombe, and the price they offered was the best I'd seen anywhere, including on the web - and that was even without them price-matching.

I have this machine and have found it great for what I use it for - as Esp says, dust rather than chips.
Mine does run on for a few secs after the tool is switched off, so you may have a duff one there Esp!
Good little machine!

Jake":3r4efb89 said:
Out of interest, was that better than £219, Espedair?

£219.43 (having just gone back through cc statements!) - at least a tenner less than anywhere else i saw at the time (APTC, Rutlands, the usual suspects)

ES

Thanksfor the confirmation on the CT Mini.Ihadone delivered today along with the plunge circular saw and guide rail. I must say I'm very impressed with the quality of both bits of kit and will deffinately be adding to them in the near future. Not used them yet so not sure about the delasyed stop on the vac, intend using in anger tomorrow.

I'd show pic's but unlike Philly and Co I've yet to get the hang of gloating, or can you only do that with hand tools?

Surprizingly I had another e-mail from Axminster saying your order is on the way, a bit perplexed I phoned them and it would appeart that they have doubled up on my order. Oh lucky me I thought, but alas they want them back. never mind.

OK info required on the rotary sander and jig saw, are they a good buy?

Cheers

Hi Waka

Waka":k3m56m52 said:
OK info required on the rotary sander and jig saw, are they a good buy?

The jigsaw is absolutely excellent. I bought the traditional type as I wasn't sure whether I'd have been comfortable using the body option.

Cheers
Neil

Philly":p8pdv2ts said:
Oi!
I heard that! :wink:
When you back in the country?
Philly :D

Now don't get upset, gloating is something I want to learn and I feel that you are the master. You might want to think about settig up 1 day seminars on the subject :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Still in country at the moment, but off to Copenhagan tomorrow for a five day break. Don't go back to work until the 18th.

Neil, thanks for the info, not yet decided which model to get so I think this means a trip to Axminster to try them out.

Played with the saw this morning and I'm well impressed and the guide rail system is a god send. definately more coming my way.

Latest posts

Back