Festool Vac Repairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDRiley

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

My Festool CTL Midi vac was working great this afternoon - and then it wasn't. Nothing appeared to go bang, no fuses tripped etc. It was working fine then the next time I went to use it it wouldn't work at all.

It's not the fuse or plug or the socket. Any suggestions on (a) what it might be or (b) recommendations for repair in the Bristol area?

Many thanks

They have an internal thermal overload protection built in....How long did you leave it for before trying it again..?
If it is the thermal protection that has shut it down, once its cooled enough, it should fire up again.

They have an internal thermal overload protection built in....How long did you leave it for before trying it again..?
If it is the thermal protection that has shut it down, once its cooled enough, it should fire up again.
Thank you. I left it quite a while but no luck. I will see if a night in a cold workshop has resurrected it.

If it's seen a lot of use it could be the brushes have worn and want replacing. I've never encountered that yet but it's a common enough cause for things to just stop working for no apparent reason.

How old is it? My old CTL22 did the same exact thing - just stopped, basically - and it turned out to be motor brushes; they were easy enough to get at and cheap to replace. FYI Festool motors typically have brushes that fail before they wear down completely to prevent damage to the commutator, so brushes that you remove can look like they have plenty of life in them still - that caught me out when my original plunge saw died.

Just seen Nelson posted as I was typing this, lol! 👍

Back