FESTOOL TYPE HOSE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am literally looking at the same thing this morning. I'm looking at the long socks to cover the rubs on the hose as I'm bored of the hose catching work piece edges and the track saw dragging ect...

I've just bought a hose sleeve, I haven't installed it yet, probably do it sometime next week.

I too want a festool type hose for sensible money, I need a shorter one for the bench I'm making than the 3.5m that seems to be the shortest. I have heat shrink so may try and make my own.

There was a guy selling netting type sleeving for the festool hoses, in near enough identical festool green but seems to have got a bit greedy and is racking the price up to £25 per length. I'm pretty sure you could get hold of some from China for a fraction of the cost. I bought one for my CTM36 when they where reasonably priced and have to say it works a treat but it does snag on small splinters like a plywood bench whisk running on a rail saw or on a chopsaw.

As for the hoses, Rutlands seem to have a few hoses knocking around for a fairly decent price, but haven't looked into it enough to see if it'll be compatible with the festool extraction units.

Braided cable sleeving on eBay 50mm x 5meters £10.79 free delivery, it’s what’s on my vac hose.

Pete

Racers":1d1qcwvq said:
Braided cable sleeving on eBay 50mm x 5meters £10.79 free delivery, it’s what’s on my vac hose.

Pete

What's the diameter of the hose which you have used the 50mm braid on, is it much smaller than 50mm?

Unless you are talking about the very latest festool hoses which are novel because of the braided outer coupled with a more flexible inner, take a look at all the other big brands.
I like the red antistatic hoses with Nilfisk and Flex extractors better than the previous generation of Festool green hoses because they are a little more flexible. If you shop prudently and include German retailers, I think you'll get a Nilfisk hose for a bit less than a Festool hose.
The other one to look at is Mirka - their hoses are relatively cheap and still antistatic. They are lighter weight and less robust too but their flexibility can help with handling.

Back