Festool TSC55 KEB

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

I currently have a Festool TSC55 REB (240v) track saw and am considering moving to the battery version TSC55 KEB, does anyone have one of these and how are they finding it and is the batter life any good?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have the TS55 240v ( and a TS75 240v) and the TSC55. I tend to be using the TSC more and more often now, even when I'm in my workshop rather than out on a job.
It's just the convenience of no cord or extractor hose if I haven't got a lot of cuts to do.

If I'm breaking down sheets of material or I have a load of cuts to make in my workshop, then I set up one of my 240v saws with the extractor hose. The little dust bag on the cordless saw is okay if you only need to make a couple of quick cuts, but if you've got loads to do, the bag fills up really quickly and a fair amount of the dust doesn't get collected at all.....! The bag is convenient, just not particularly efficient....

Battery run time really depends on what you're cutting and how many cuts you're making, but as I use my saws in a professional capacity, I have spare 18v batteries on charge should the batteries in the saw be running low. I believe the new model cordless saw uses a thinner blade = easier cutting = less restriction = longer battery life, but I suppose that remains to be seen!

Personally, I wouldn't want to be without any my saws as they all have there place and strengths. Only you can decide which saw meets your needs best.

The "power" of the TS55 cordless saw is the same as the TS55 240v version during use and you wont notice any difference in this respect.
However,.....The cordless version is heavier with the 2 batteries fitted than the 240v version (5.3kg versus 4.5kg)

Hope this helps.

Tim.

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

I have the TS55 240v ( and a TS75 240v) and the TSC55. I tend to be using the TSC more and more often now, even when I'm in my workshop rather than out on a job.
It's just the convenience of no cord or extractor hose if I haven't got a lot of cuts to do.

If I'm breaking down sheets of material or I have a load of cuts to make in my workshop, then I set up one of my 240v saws with the extractor hose. The little dust bag on the cordless saw is okay if you only need to make a couple of quick cuts, but if you've got loads to do, the bag fills up really quickly and a fair amount of the dust doesn't get collected at all.....! The bag is convenient, just not particularly efficient....

Battery run time really depends on what you're cutting and how many cuts you're making, but as I use my saws in a professional capacity, I have spare 18v batteries on charge should the batteries in the saw be running low. I believe the new model cordless saw uses a thinner blade = easier cutting = less restriction = longer battery life, but I suppose that remains to be seen!

Personally, I wouldn't want to be without any my saws as they all have there place and strengths. Only you can decide which saw meets your needs best.

The "power" of the TS55 cordless saw is the same as the TS55 240v version during use and you wont notice any difference in this respect.
However,.....The cordless version is heavier with the 2 batteries fitted than the 240v version (5.3kg versus 4.5kg)

Hope this helps.

Tim.

Thanks for the reply Tim,

I have read quite a few reviews from people who have purchased the new TSC and the reports are that it feels more powerful. I am not sure if this is due the thinner blade or something else. I only have a small garage workshop but like the idea as you mentioned to just get the saw out for quick cuts without plugging in etc and also taking it out with me, if i am cutting outside i would not really need an extractor, so its nice and simple, i also have quite a few Festool batteries already.

Mark

I sold my TS75 in favour of a TSC55. I also have a HK85 (which is a different beast altogether), and sold the TS75 as being stuck in the middle. I like the TSC55 and that it is cordless, but it doesn’t have the heft or ease of cut that the TS75 had.

I think that you will like the TSC55 vs the 240v TS55 - the battery life is fine and the saw feels nice to use. Working outside, I tend to use the dust bag rather than the extractor and that works very well.

You are looking at the newer thinner blade version and that will no doubt be better (I have a tiny little Bosch cordless saw with a thin blade and that is surprisingly capable).

I probably should swap the TSC55 for the newer version, but I have a small investment in (thicker) blades that would then be of no use.

I will be interested to see what you think.

Cheers

I sold my TS75 in favour of a TSC55. I also have a HK85 (which is a different beast altogether), and sold the TS75 as being stuck in the middle. I like the TSC55 and that it is cordless, but it doesn’t have the heft or ease of cut that the TS75 had.

I think that you will like the TSC55 vs the 240v TS55 - the battery life is fine and the saw feels nice to use. Working outside, I tend to use the dust bag rather than the extractor and that works very well.

You are looking at the newer thinner blade version and that will no doubt be better (I have a tiny little Bosch cordless saw with a thin blade and that is surprisingly capable).

I probably should swap the TSC55 for the newer version, but I have a small investment in (thicker) blades that would then be of no use.

I will be interested to see what you think.

Cheers
First impressions are that its feels great, sounds different but people have reported it cuts much better with the thinner blade. It was purchased from amazon of all places and was on the Festool promotion for £433.40 with two 5.2 amp bluetooth batteries, cheapest i have seen anywhere.

Back