Festool TS55 - max speed no longer maximum?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I just have a sense that it's maximum speed is about 2/3 that when I bought it new. Purely based on the noise it makes and also on the fact that it seemed to be struggling to cut a thin strip off some MDF (12mm).

It hasn't had that much use...probably less that a couple of hours in total..so not as if the blade is worn, I guess.

Are there any checks that I can make before I contact the supplier? I don't know quite what...maybe someone with a TS55 has a portable phone and I could 'listen' to theirs running at maximum speed? Or vice versa? Not exactly scientific, I know but it might work

I'm reluctant to go through the rigmarole of sending it back etc especially if it's all a figment of my imagination :cry: :D

Roger, if you can measure the current that the unit is drawing, you might see something. Genrally, if a motor is laboring, you'll see an increase in current draw.

It might be worth just taking or sending it in anyway. It should be under warranty, I would think.

Hi Dave

It' still under warranty but I'd prefer to try and compare with another one first as although its' use is infrequent, when I do need it, I really do...if you see what I mean :D

So I called the good people at Protrade who duly arranged a collection. This troglodyte from ANC arrived without any paperwork. I demurred but came to the conclusion that no-one else knew the saw was being collected and so seemed reasonable to take what said troglodyte was saying at face value...namely that he had all the labelling stuff in his van etc etc.

Which is how Protrade took delivery of a 17" monitor last week for repair and my TS55 is ....???????????????????????????????

Back