Festool TS55 advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Having seen Steve Maskery's TS55 in action, yet again, I am becoming even more tempted.

I have been doing a little searching and I've found Toolsave.co.uk. Has anybody used them?

There seems to be something wrong with their pricing as, it appears to me, that the first one has two guide rails. Both are 329.95 inc. vat.

The link is here.

Festool Plunge Cut Circular Saw
TS 55 EBQ-PLUS-FS GB. Festool 1200 watt Plunge Cut Saw with Guide Rail FS1400/2 and supplied in a systainer. 240 Volt. more
Code: TS55EBQ

Festool Plunge Cut Circular Saw
TS 55 EBQ-PLUS GB. Festool 1200 watt Plunge Cut Saw with 1 splinterguard and in a systainer. 240 Volt. more
Code: TS55EBQ-PLUS GB

Can anybody please help me?

Thanks
Neil

Hi Neil,

I presume that you think the first one comes with 2 guide rails because of the 2 at the end of the code "FS1400/2" number, but i do not think that it does. Their use of code numbers are a little misleading, what you should be looking at is the model number at the beginning of each ad. For instance the first one is actually model number TS 55 EBQ-PLUS-FS GB and not TS55EBQ.

Take a look at http://www.festool.co.uk/ where you will find what actually comes with each different model number.

As to why they are the same price i have no idea. Something is wrong because you do not get a guide rail with the second one.

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Woody

Hi Woody

Thanks, I didn't realise that they had the breakdown on their site.

It appears that they both have one guide and that the difference is in the blade.

So, has anybody used Toolsave?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil,

I have not used ToolSave, but i can tell you that £329 for the TS 55 is not to bad at all. I have only done a very quick check and the average price seems to be around £370/£380.

If you do buy one IMHO you will not regret it.

Regards

Woody

Hello,

We have decided to join your forum as it is very difficult to read about our company and not be able to reply.

Festool is our biggest seller here at Toolsave and we are very happy to have a top quality service with them direct. We have been selling their tools for a couple of years now and in the last six months Festool sales have gone through the roof with selling their products nearly every single day.

Our website that you have been looking at is new and has been up and running for about three months now. We learn more as time goes on on what the public want to see and Festools product codes can get very confusing, especially when our website only allows for a certain number of letters in the order code. This is why there is a full description of the code at the beginning of each advert. If you go into the full description on each product I have tried to put a little breakdown on each of the Festool items of what comes with that particular model. I'm working my way through their products to simplify them as I know it gets confusing.

I hope you find our site useful as our aim was to try and give the public as much information we could on products that are available to buy through Toolsave. We have worked extremely hard to create what I can call my bible of tools.

If you would like to discuss anything regarding our website or products please do not hesitate to ask.

By the way the /2 on the guide rails do not mean there are two rails its Festools coding, and we have the TS 55 EBQ PLUS FS (with guide rail) on offer on the website that’s why its the same price as the other version. Some people do not want the rails for reasons of their own so we have to keep the other version on show.

We are doing the Sandown show in Esher, Surrey on the 6th and 7th of December supporting Festool and Rexon. If you would like any information or would like complimentary tickets please let us know.

Hi Toolsave????

Welcome to the forum.

You will not get any argument from me (or a lot of others), Festool are certainly very good power tools, although i cannot imagine why some of your customers would not want the rails.

Regards

Woody

Hello,

The link you have for the Toolfair is the show at Sandown that we are doing supporting Festool and Rexon. We will have reps on hand from Festool, Rexon and our own team to show you any new products that are coming out and any demonstrating you would like to see. You can have a look at all the machines on show and any questions you need answering help will be at hand. It is a two day show starting on Tuesday the 6th until the 7th of Dec from 10.00am till 4.00pm.

Have a look at the link above for any more information, and if you would like any complimentary tickets just ask us and we will pop them in the post for you.

Woodythepecker - you would be suprised at what people order, Festool cover that many different versions of the same model and the TS55 with the Guide Rails is our top seller, but we do also sell without as well for reasons unknown.

Hello Ray,

The show is free, and you can turn up on the day but you will have to queue for entry. However you can pre-register on their website and they will send you your name badge for fast track entry and your vouchers for a free T Shirt, bacon roll and Race day tickets. We have so many tickets to send out for being an exhibiter of the show which gives you all of the above, you need to just fill in the information on them and forward it to the address on the back (Its pre-paid) and they will send you the entry pack.

Kind Regards

Back