Festool systainer extractor CLT-SYS or Mobile CT15 E

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
What do people reckon is worth a punt ?.
The larger mobile unit, on castors 15L capacity, or the niffy and neat 4.5L based inside a systainer case.

I like the fact systainer case model is really portable, and clips onto the other systainers for ease of transport .

The larger mobile unit would be best suited in a workshop setting, greater capacity, as can the other but maybe not as suitable. The CT15 is probably more versatile. downside is I dont think you can clip a systainer onto it.

Both are priced about £310 so little difference money wise.

What is your use case? The SYS is handy but the bag size and lack of variable suction can be a bind. But if you're considering the 15 then a slightly larger MIDI may be of more use.

I know someone who has the systainer vacuum and loves it, strictly as a last clean up before you leave device. Or if you are just doing a tiny job fitting a lock or something.
The capacity is tiny though and you still have to fork out for bags.

Just get a Midi is my advice.

Ollie

As said get a Midi, great extractor and small enough to be easily portable.

The midi is worth the extra for the better hose, bluetooth and you can wheel systainers around on it,

I have one of the Bluetooth remotes on the end of one of my extractor hoses and it is absolutely fantastic. It is one of those little things that makes a massive difference to your workflow, really good product.

https://ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Festool-Ct-Fi-4014549277225-Bluetooth-Remote-Control

Depends on your usage. If you need an L class vac then between the two only the CTL SYS will do as the 15 isn’t classified as an extractor, just a clean up vac. If you want an ultra portable vac that sits in a stack of sustainers then the CTL SYS works great. I bought one when they first came out to use specifically as a site vac for installs - perfect for very light sanding, cutting, and general cleanup.

If you want a general extractor to use with sanders, saws etc.. then the MIDI is fantastic. I’ve had one since they were first available - still going strong - and bought another around Christmas basically for the Bluetooth, which is as @Doug71 says is a fantastic convenience, and totally worthwhile. HTH P

What is your use case? The SYS is handy but the bag size and lack of variable suction can be a bind. But if you're considering the 15 then a slightly larger MIDI may be of more use.

I am with Nelson. I have both SYS and MIDI and when using with track saw it is not that good. Not enough suck. Copes ok with a sander but the bags seem to clog (and fill of course) that bit quicker. Probably to do with surface area of the bag. The SYS has its use but I only use for small jobs. Get the MIDI if you have space and can afford ; it’s in a different league to the SYS

Back