Festool systainer extractor CLT-SYS or Mobile CT15 E

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

TRITON

Established Member
Reaction score
What do people reckon is worth a punt ?.
The larger mobile unit, on castors 15L capacity, or the niffy and neat 4.5L based inside a systainer case.

I like the fact systainer case model is really portable, and clips onto the other systainers for ease of transport .

The larger mobile unit would be best suited in a workshop setting, greater capacity, as can the other but maybe not as suitable. The CT15 is probably more versatile. downside is I dont think you can clip a systainer onto it.

Both are priced about £310 so little difference money wise.

Nelsun

Established Member
Reaction score
What is your use case? The SYS is handy but the bag size and lack of variable suction can be a bind. But if you're considering the 15 then a slightly larger MIDI may be of more use.

Ollie78

Established Member
Reaction score
I know someone who has the systainer vacuum and loves it, strictly as a last clean up before you leave device. Or if you are just doing a tiny job fitting a lock or something.
The capacity is tiny though and you still have to fork out for bags.

Just get a Midi is my advice.

Ollie

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
As said get a Midi, great extractor and small enough to be easily portable.

The midi is worth the extra for the better hose, bluetooth and you can wheel systainers around on it,

I have one of the Bluetooth remotes on the end of one of my extractor hoses and it is absolutely fantastic. It is one of those little things that makes a massive difference to your workflow, really good product.

petermillard

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends on your usage. If you need an L class vac then between the two only the CTL SYS will do as the 15 isn’t classified as an extractor, just a clean up vac. If you want an ultra portable vac that sits in a stack of sustainers then the CTL SYS works great. I bought one when they first came out to use specifically as a site vac for installs - perfect for very light sanding, cutting, and general cleanup.

If you want a general extractor to use with sanders, saws etc.. then the MIDI is fantastic. I’ve had one since they were first available - still going strong - and bought another around Christmas basically for the Bluetooth, which is as @Doug71 says is a fantastic convenience, and totally worthwhile. HTH P

Rozza

Reaction score
What is your use case? The SYS is handy but the bag size and lack of variable suction can be a bind. But if you're considering the 15 then a slightly larger MIDI may be of more use.

I am with Nelson. I have both SYS and MIDI and when using with track saw it is not that good. Not enough suck. Copes ok with a sander but the bags seem to clog (and fill of course) that bit quicker. Probably to do with surface area of the bag. The SYS has its use but I only use for small jobs. Get the MIDI if you have space and can afford ; it’s in a different league to the SYS

Latest posts