Festool saws, dust extraction, Henry and 100mm....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimwillsher

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a Festool TS 55 saw, which is brilliant saw but it doesn't half chuck out the dust!

I also have 1 high-flow Fox dust/chip extractor for my table saw, and I have a good old Henry vacuum cleaner :)

I'm looking to see if there is a way for me to leverage either the Henry or the Fox to connect to the Festool, as I can't really afford (cost or storage space) to get one of the lovely looking Festool dust extractors.

Can anyone suggest any adapters that I might be able to use? Ideally I'd like a way to connect the Henry hose to the Festool.

Many thanks.

I have a Festool TS 55 saw, which is brilliant saw but it doesn't half chuck out the dust!
Did you forget to connect, or buy, the shop vac? ;)

I’ve only forgotten to connect it a couple of times but very quickly remembered exactly why I bought a shop vac at the same time as I got the saw.

FWIW I have the CT26 and with that and a polystyrene board underneath there is virtually no dust. The only drawback is the cost of the bags, the auto start is wonderful.

IMNSHO the saw without a vac is a bad choice in almost every situation. I did a lot of cutting with my ELU but though the cut quality is good I’ve almost never used it since I got the TS55 and found out what cutting without dust was like.

Not quite "forgot to buy" but Festool stuff isn't cheap and this is just a hobby for me, so it's baby steps on the purchases.

I was looking at the CT26; the CT15 seems to offer pretty much the same features. I guess my ideal world would be to connect a Festool to my main dust extractor with the 100mm hose. There's a convert (posted above) for the Henry but the 100mm option would be an alternative, if I could find a converter.

I used the standard hose from hoover to cyclone ...then got a 5m standard 40ish mm hose which cane with 3 various connectors..I used an elastic band to take up the difference and bingo...nice tight fit..the one to the bandsaw needed a plastic collar to make fit...but boy does it suck the dust up...even use it as a floor vacuum...and bench for the Woodturning..

Agreed. Hadn’t realised it was the same vendor. The £15 delivery threw me. Only £5.50 to deliver where I am.

I used that website as an example, you can buy them from other vendors including Amazon. I got mine from there with free shipping. Very nicely made bits of kit and very useful.

Notwithstanding budgetary considerations, if you get the Festool extractor you will see zero dust. I’m so confident in the extraction abilities of the setup that I have cut sheets of ply in my lounge.

Notwithstanding budgetary considerations, if you get the Festool extractor you will see zero dust. I’m so confident in the extraction abilities of the setup that I have cut sheets of ply in my lounge.

I suspect that is mostly the saw rather than the specific extractor used.

I used the standard hose from hoover to cyclone ...then got a 5m standard 40ish mm hose which cane with 3 various connectors..I used an elastic band to take up the difference and bingo...nice tight fit..the one to the bandsaw needed a plastic collar to make fit...but boy does it suck the dust up...even use it as a floor vacuum...and bench for the Woodturning..
An excellent 'bodge', the elastic band - great lateral thinking. Thanks

Not quite "forgot to buy" but Festool stuff isn't cheap and this is just a hobby for me, so it's baby steps on the purchases.

I was looking at the CT26; the CT15 seems to offer pretty much the same features. I guess my ideal world would be to connect a Festool to my main dust extractor with the 100mm hose. There's a convert (posted above) for the Henry but the 100mm option would be an alternative, if I could find a converter.
You don’t have to have a Festool vac, your Henry will do until you can afford something better, you are really hurting your experience if you have no vac.
yes the CT26 & CT15 are virtually the same. In a workshop there is absolutely no point in getting the CT15 though as the extra capacity of the CT26 is much more important.

i know its not ideal, and the extraction is still better with a hose, but what age is your ts?

if its the newest gen, you can get a dust bag that gets 80-90% of the dust.

Back