Festool saw problem, solved!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
After a number of calls and some backwards and forwardsing, it came down to the servic dept at Mindens not being able to find anything wrong with the TS55 I had sent back a few weeks ago because it was not cutting straight. The chap that I spoke did say, though, that he had reset the toe-in before checking the saw. Toe-in, what toe-in?
It turns out that the standard spec calls for the saw to be set to toe in 1mm at the front. Apparently this is something that the user can do, simply by loosening the 4 torx (T20) screws that hold the upper part of the saw to the base. I haven't tried this for myself yet, but will bear it in mind if either of the saws start playing up again. The photo shows a screwdriver in one of the appropriate screws
I'm particularly busy at work at the moment, but when I have some spare time I will make a note of some datum points and measurements so that I can reset them if needed.

johnelliott-festoolssawsweb.JPG

The saw is working fine, now, by the way, but isn't interchangeable with the other one because it cuts about .25mm fat of the rubber on the guide. I could dial that out, but for the time being it's relaxing on the shelf.
John

I can't believe that they are toe-ed in by that much :shock:

I'll check mine with the digital calipers I think...

Thanks for the info on the screws, John

Cheers,
Neil

John

Thats really odd - I was just about to ask you if it had been sorted, since I'm in the market to buy and this is the saw I want. I had been put off a bit by this and woody's troubles with his.

Now I can spend, spend, spend!!!

Glad your very busy - getting that way here too.

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back