Festool Routing Template mfs 700 or mfs 400

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondered if anybody had used this template. In theory it seems like a good idea. I assume it would help reduce the amount of homemade templates you would normally keep/make in the workshop.

http://festool.safeshopper.com/456/385.htm?706

Any info would be appreciated

Thank you

Michel

Can I make a teeny little plea, please? Could folks include a link to the widget they're asking about in their post, just so we all know what it is we're talking about? [-o<

Sorry, Michel, nothing personal - you're just the unlucky one to catch me when I can finally be bothered to make this request. Been meaning to for ages. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Yes Alf good point :oops: , i have amended my post above.

cheers

Michel

Michel

I would say that you could make an adjustable jig to do all of that one can in 2 hours on a sunday afternoon with a few bits lying around the workshop and save $290

Tony":2fvgcdsj said:
Michel

I would say that you could make an adjustable jig to do all of that one can in 2 hours on a sunday afternoon with a few bits lying around the workshop and save $290

One of the important points about the MFS is the accuracy of the parts means that tightening the screw on each joint causes the whole to be a perfect rectangle at whatever chosen sizes. Difficult to see how that could be done with odd bits, but I am more than ready to be corrected

John

Hello,

thank you for the replies :D .

I do like the idea of the mfs because of the accuracy of the parts and at least you have the confidence that it will be square every time without adjustment. However the cost of the mfs compared to making some jigs/templates is hard to justify.

Decisions, Decisions :roll:

Thanks again

Michel

Back