Festool Rotex 150 for polishing.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Kev.

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just about to put the final wax finish on a project. A mate of mine has offered to lend me his Festool Rotex 150 Sander/Polisher to buff it up but as he only has sanding discs for it, I would have to buy the relevant polishing disc. What I would like to know is, is the Rotex a decent tool for the job and which Festool disc would I need to buy?

Andy Kev.":1hjp11sd said:
I’m just about to put the final wax finish on a project. A mate of mine has offered to lend me his Festool Rotex 150 Sander/Polisher to buff it up but as he only has sanding discs for it, I would have to buy the relevant polishing disc. What I would like to know is, is the Rotex a decent tool for the job and which Festool disc would I need to buy?
I've not tried using mine for polishing but I've heard they're pretty good for it.

You just need the polishing pad for it plus whatever sponge you want to use. There's a few videos on YouTube that might help.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Remove the extraction port, put a 240 grit pad on the rotex and place another 240 pad grit side face up on the work piece . place the rotex on top so pads are grit to grit. Turn rotex to speed 1 and you're good to go. You can thank me later when you see results

Back