Festool plunge saw deal ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I am about 1 week away from getting the saw and i noticed that protrade have stopped the deal with the extra 1400 rail and 1 joining kit :(

It will cost me an extra £57.57 with the VAT for the extra 1400 rail and an extra £8 odd for the joining kit which i need 2 of :cry:

Any one know anywhere else ?

Thanks

Jase

Well by the lack of replies i take it there are no more deals. Anyway ordered my Festool from Protrade on Friday there is a local one not to far away and gave them a ring and got a good deal i feel anyway.

I got :
The saw
2 1400 rails
2 joining bits
2 screw clamps
Delivery
All for £422.28

What do you reckon ?

Jase

PS Delivered Tuesday :lol: :D :lol: :D

Yes it was the chesterfield branch, i guy called Barry i think, very helpful. Will let you know how i get on with the saw, first job for it fitted wardrobes from 18mm MDF. Before ive had to draw them all to scale and have all the pieces cut local and delivered but now i can cut my own :)

I still might get them to rip them in half so it's easy to handle, not sure yet

Jase

Well my saw etc arrived today but won't have time to play properly till Saturday.

I noticed after a quick scan that there is a seperate splinter guard that you can screw in the side that fits flat to the worksurface, do you guys with the saws use this ?

Also im still going to find it hard to handle and rip 8x4 sheets of 18mm MDF and storage etc, i can get them ripped in half for no cost and delivered as 8x2's, as they will mostly be for wardrobes and the like the widest i would need is about 500mm, so would be wide enough. There might be a bit of extra waste but what do you reckon with the advantages of handling and i could store the 8x2's flat ?

Just interested what you people do

Jase

Hi Jase,

I haven't fitted the splinter guard yet, and the cuts I've made in ply have still been excellent, on the waste side as well. I would use it if I was cutting veneered MDF though.

Cheers,
Neil

Glad you got the saw delivered without problems Coggy.

I ordered one just before they finished the free extra guide rail offer, the saw turned up last week but minus free extra guide rail (I'd waited all day for it but had plenty of paperwork to do so no probs). Protrade reluctantly sent the free guide rail, they at first claimed that I'd ordered after the offer had finished, this wasn't true.
Guide rail turned up couple of days later early afternoon (good chunk of another day in doors) but on opening parcel discovered it was bent. Protrade said they'd send a replacement and collect damaged one, it turned up yesterday just after 5pm (another day).
Driver at first refused to take damaged one as he had no collection note. I told him it'll stay outside the door then because I'm not wasting more time waiting for it to be collected. Phoned Protrade this morning, they weren't happy as it was going to be collected by another vehicle. So I guess the damaged guide rail will probably get lost in some warehouse somewhere - shame.

John

I can beat that, John :roll:

I ordered from Protrade too - in the end it took 4 weeks before I got the saw and the guide rails. During that time, Protrade had to send out two saws, and 4 PAIRS of guide rails. The second saw got to me, and the second set of rails too, three weeks after they were sent! Protrade had one pair of guide rails returned, so overall there was a TS55 saw and 4 guide rails lost in the system never to be seen again :shock:

I should qualify this by saying that I do live in Ireland, so the goods did have to pass through the Irish Bermuda Triangle AKA Dublin :lol:

Cheers,

Neil

Hi NeilCFD

It's probably at this time that I should mention I've got three Protrade stores within half-an-hour of my office. :D

Cheers
Neil

PS OK, I'm getting my coat.

Three! Grrrrrr! :evil:

Oh well, its probably fortunate that it is such a rigmarole to order from them, for my credit card's sake :wink: :lol:

Cheers,
NeilCFD

- in the end it took 4 weeks before I got the saw

That must have been frustrating.

Neil where abouts in Ireland are you, I used to go over quite a lot for the music mainly Clare and Galway - it's a great place.

Hi John,

Roscommon-Mayo-Galway border at the moment, moving to Co. Galway in a months time fingers crossed...

If you are come over again for the music :-({|= *, be sure to PM me and you can drop in!

Cheers,
Neil

* Have I beaten Alf by using this emoticon in context first?

Neil":1sgyr825 said:
... the music :-({|= ...
Have I beaten Alf by using this emoticon in context first?
In a musical context - yes. In the "Boo hoo" sense, then possibly not...

BTW, congrats on the 500 :D

Cheers, Alf

Manny":23yx8tfo said:
Neil where abouts in Ireland are you, I used to go over quite a lot for the music mainly Clare and Galway - it's a great place.

Many years since I went to Lisdoonvarna in September. I still remember it fondly. That was when I used to spend my summers in Lahinch

John

Alf":tghqgmvc said:
In the "Boo hoo" sense, then possibly not...
Damn! I must have missed that post :lol:

Alf":tghqgmvc said:
BTW, congrats on the 500 :D
I didn't even notice :oops: - thanks, although it doesn't seem much of a landmark compared to the numbers some forum members have got up to :p :lol: Amazingly, it appears that I joined the forum 14 days before you did, so you out-post me 9-1 :shock:

Cheers,
Neil

So John, did you go to Lisdoonvarna for the usual reason? Any luck?

Noel

Back