Festool MFT 1080 multi function table for sale £200

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just acquired a new table saw, and no longer have space, or need, for my Festool Multi-Function table.
It's had lots of use but is still in very good working order
If you already have a Festool TS55 saw then it's ideal for cross cutting and many other tasks.
If you would like to know more about these useful tables then google on Festool MFT 1080
It folds up but is too big to send
Email me through my profile if you are interested
John

not sure if my PM got sent. Can you send me your number. I live in swindon and am looking down the festool route

andy

Ahh, was an evening of many beers.......the eyes couldn't focus :shock:

edit:: but then again, i still can't see an email address

Andy

i think i'm missing something as John has only got 2 buttons :?:

Andy

Hi Andy

I'm sorry but it must be a mod thing. Even though I can see his email button when I click it says, "this user does not wish to receive emails".

OK plan B, send a pm to Trevtheturner and ask him if he has contact details for John. Trevor bought John's old saw.

Sorry about this.

HTH

Cheers
Neil

I've had a couple of private messages asking why I have gone back to using a table saw so perhaps I should explain here-

For the last several months I have been making kitchens using just a TS55 saw with various guide rails on a 8x4 cutting table and the MFT for crosscutting (it will crosscut just over 600mm which is fine for kitchen work.
I have used my TS55 so much that I have actually worn down the wear pads on the underside of the saw (the cast-in pads opposite the green plactic cams) and the saw has had to go back to have the base plate replaced( fortunately I actually have 2 TS55's). I have four blades, three to go for sharpening while the fourth is in use.

The drawback with the Festool system is speed, or rather, the lack of it. When I need to rip a large number of panels then the time it takes to set each cut up accurately is just too long. The table saw will do this job quickly and easily

BTW, I sold my previous saw, the Electra Bekum PKF255, mainly because all my cabinets are made from birch plywood which tends to break out on crosscuts (my new saw has a scoring blade) and because my workshop floor is rather flexible and caused the EB saw to go out of alignment

I shall still use the Festool with the long guide for ripping sheets ie 8x4 into 8x2 (or whatever) and I shall also use it on site.

The saw has quite a big footprint, and my machine room is quite small, so the MFT, although smaller than the average workbench, is taking up valuable space and has to go.

John

Roger Sinden":215hygv5 said:
John

How do you stop cutting into the table top with the TS55?

Roger

I don't. I use a 6mm sheet of MDF as a sacrificial top. When one side is too badly scored I turn it over and use the other. I usually get a month or so out of each side.

John

Back