Festool Kapex mitre saw not flat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymien

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve taken delivery of a brand new Festool KS60 e set, and when sitting a straight edge across the base of the saw (where your stock sits) it rocks slightly. The left hand side isn’t level with the centre rotating section, with the left side being slightly lower. We’re talking a very small gap, but enough to cause a rocking motion.

What concerns me is that being the left side, it’s the side that would get the most use, and when cutting long, perhaps heavy stock, it may prevent the blade from sitting at 90deg as the stock is referenced off the lower left side.

Am I being over fussy, or should I expect better?

I would speak to Festool and see what they say, I'm sure they will swap it if you are not happy.

Last edited:
You can return the saw within 30 days of purchase with no obligation, so I'd just speak to them & if you're not happy with the outcome just return the saw.

Festool UK said they’d take it in for a repair or I could get it swapped by the retailer. Retailer was perfectly happy to exchange it, so exchange being arranged. Fingers crossed the next one is all good.

Back