Festool hose on Titan vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agraves

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've invested in a Festool tracksaw, and I'm struggling with hooking up my Titan hose to it. The hose on the vac is very stiff, it regularly gets snagged, and the hose end doesn't even fit into the output on the tracksaw, nor some of my other tools.

I'm looking at upgrading to a festool vac eventually, but I was wondered if anyone had any success using a Festool hose on a Titan vac or any other non-Festool vac? Or for the price of the hose is it just worth going straight to the Festool machine?

Think festool hoses are a standard 2" in to vac, don't know if titan is same?

I might not be far from you and might have an old Festool hose you can borrow/have till you get a proper extractor, I will look when I get to workshop in about 8hrs, lol.

Doug

agraves":1bx1bk59 said:
I was wondered if anyone had any success using a Festool hose on a Titan vac or any other non-Festool vac?
Yes, I use the Festool 27mm hose over my bench these days hooked up to a dust deputy but it used to fit in my old Hitachi Vac.

Have a look at the 27mm Mirka hose. It is lighter and cheaper than the Festool. Also the Bosch 35mm hose. I have both in antistatic versions.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I have a Festool Vac and Screwfix Titan Vac.
Also have Festool 27mm and 36mm hoses. The vac end is 50mm on both
Also use Mirka hose, this has 50mm vac end.

They are all swapable between the Vacs.

Mirka hose - £40

The MIrka 27mm hose should come with a rubber adaptor. This will plug straight into the dust port of your Festool tracksaw.

The slight downside with Mirka hose, there is no rotating collar on the hose itself so it tends to pull the machine around if your using a sander for example. Mirka make the rotating collar on the tool itself (I have a Mirka Deros sander). Festool use the rotating colar on the hose itself to allow the hose to turn freely.

Back