Festool extraction alternatives

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has any alternatives for connection extraction to the festool stuff. I have just bought the domino and also have the OF1400 however cant find any reducers to fit that to my 100mm hose system. There must be a cheaper alternative to buying their stuff. I understand a hoover type would be best, however not sure if you can get the attachments for these either. It goes without saying I would prefer not to spend much!!

Also, does anyone know of any good articles, threads, info, etc on the web outlining the basics of how its best to construct using the domino, as well as how to get the most out of it.

Any help appreciated

I know you wanna save money but I would advise to just get a fessy vac they are very good. I got a midi back in 07 when I got my ts55 saw and have never regretted it. If you can get one there are £50 off vouchers in professional builder mag and various places. I already had various vacs like a record shop vac and a portable henry vac etc but none compare. Best bit I like about the midi vac is the long lightweight hose which in use is so light and flexible that you hardly feel its there .

A Trend T30AF will connect straight up to a Festool saw and router, even cheaper is the Nilfisk Alto 30 (I've got 4 of them) which will plug into a Festool saw, and the spout from the Domino will fit inside the Nilfisk end fitting. You can get the Nilfisk mega-cheap from Machine Mart. Be SURE to keep the filter reasonably clean as if it gets clogged the motor will burn out DAMHIK.

The Festool vac prices are a silly and unpleasant joke. I had one and it's really no better than the ones mentioned above, although the shape might be more convenient.

I use a Nilfisk Alto Attix 30-21pc with my T55 and Domino and the standard hose fits fine. Whatever you get, auto switching is a must. Means you'll never try and use the tool without extraction, and the Domino in particular just won't work without.

Thanks for the replies chaps
That particular one is 230£ though-which with a £50 off voucher is only just less than getting a festool itself.
How would It compare?
Has anyone tried just an average Henry or anything similar and can you get the fittings for these?

I run a camvac through a Dust Deputy for all my festool gear & find it excellent with no cleaning of filters or emptying bags, though I do use the Festool hose with the small tool adapter as it makes life so easy.

Didn't you go and get one from Lidl a while back £59.99 mine works fine with the domino.

Latest posts

Back