Festool Domino repair question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys...never had cause to send anything in to Festool before but my baby Domino (old style but not a lot of use) developed an armature fault so I sent it in in for a quote for repair (including my power cable).

Just got the repair quote back from Festool and amongst the list are an awful lot of things that TBH I'm not bothered about. They want to replace my power cable...nothing wrong with it..besides I have loads spare.

Here's the estimate...

domino repair.png

Ball bearings probably neither here nor there, armature...yup...definitely gone but ...

Main Girder ? That's the piece of cast material that holds all the gubbins at the business end together. Now HTF does that get 'deformed' in normal use ?

Any thoughts please ?

Attachments

• domino repair.png
    domino repair.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 419
I can't see how you could deform the main girder with normal use. I would guess it either came like that or has somehow deformed itself over time due to some internal stresses.

I would speak to Festool about it, they do have a reputation for replacing more parts than people expect on repairs but I thought that was only under warranty, you don't want to be paying for bits you don't need.

What makes it even stranger is the fact that, when I posted originally, I'd forgotten that I'd actually removed that part from the Domino before I sent it off. :oops: The part (it's the bit at the front that holds the location plate, height setting etc) is currently sitting in my workshop !

i wanted a drive belt for a hammer n4400. ordered it onnline from felder. £28 + £10 shipping. guess what it was the wrong size. theyve changed the size. i brought on from local car shop £6.26 much better than there belt quality wise! total con artists. i also bet i dont see much of my money back.

Back