Festool Domino 500 stopped working :(

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon89

Established Member
Reaction score
My Festool Domino stopped working today, any suggestions on what to do would be much appreciated.

As usual it has broken mid way through a project with a short lead time!

Symptoms:
when switched on it was running at a significantly reduced speed.
switched off
switched on again and not running, can hear a whining noise, bit of smoke and burning smell, the body is heating up.
switched off

The cutter seems to spin freely but not sure if I can check if the side to side wiggle is operational.

Thanks in advance

Sounds serious.

Most of the Festool tools have auto shut off brushes so the tool just stops running when the brushes get to a certain wear level, still worth checking though.

If not brushes contact Festool, they will probably want you to fill in an online repair order and send it in. I would check how long the repair might take as when I spoke to them a few weeks ago they were taking a few days rather than the 48hrs turnaround that they generally claim. Warning, if you think the repair sounds too expensive and don't go ahead with it they will probably send it back to you in bits.

I dont own any festools. My boss has about 100k worth of them. But for the price are they not like hilti tools. If one breaks they give you an immediate replacement to get you up and running again until you get yours fixed?

At least it'll come back looking good as new. Did you look at the brushes in the end?
I dont own any festools. My boss has about 100k worth of them. But for the price are they not like hilti tools. If one breaks they give you an immediate replacement to get you up and running again until you get yours fixed?
No, they come with a 3 year parts and labour warranty as well as sending you a new tool for £100 should yours get nicked and you have a police number to quote them.

The few bits I looked at didn't mention that feature of Hilti warranty?

Back