• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Festool & Dewalt Dust Extraction Hose

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Moonsafari69

Established Member
Reaction score
I've recently bought a dust extraction hose on Amazon that i'm so chuffed with I thought i'd share it with you. It costs £29.99 with free delivery and it's brilliant!

Cen-Tec Systems 94192/SV/SIL 5 Metre Hose for Home and Shop Vacuums with Power Tool/Sander Adaptor for Dust Extraction (25mm, 35mm, 38mm, 48mm) - Silver

www.amazon.co.uk/Cen-Tec-Systems-Vacuums-Adaptor-Extraction/dp/B07PBLRYFK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Cen-Tec+Systems+94192%2FSV%2FSIL&qid=1560972011&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

The hose is 5m long and 32mm internal diameter. It comes with 2 really neat clip on adaptors with soft rubber ends that fit perfectly onto Dewalt and Festool tools. Both adaptors are a really snug push-fit connection and have a pressure release ring fitted.

I've had mine connected to a CamVac and even the Shop Vac end fits perfectly with no mods (or duct tape) needed. Honestly can't tell you how happy I am with this solution.

5m Hose.jpg

Tool Connectors.jpg

Dewalt Planer.jpg

Dewalt ROS.jpg

Festool Tracksaw.jpg

CamVac End.jpg

Attachments

Derek Pearce

Reaction score
Wow, thanks. I have a Festool CTM26, hose quite narrow and prone to clogg on a cleanup.... Festool larger hose, about £150, seems a no brainer to try this.

Moonsafari69

Established Member
Reaction score
Derek Pearce":166pv4iz said:
Wow, thanks. I have a Festool CTM26, hose quite narrow and prone to clogg on a cleanup.... Festool larger hose, about £150, seems a no brainer to try this.
Hi Derek, exactly! This is lightweight and a fraction of the cost. Plus it fits a nice range of tools. Not the same build quality as a Festool hose but it does work really well.

Nelsun

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good thanks to the connectors. Having an air relief wotsit in the connector sounds good to. They list Festool as being compatible on the tool end but don't mention them for the vac end though. I'm pretty much all in on Festool for things wanting extraction after getting fed up with incompatibilities between hoses and tools and adaptors that wobble off but these look pretty good off the bat.

Moonsafari69

Established Member
Reaction score
Nelsun":1ez72wx2 said:
Looks pretty good thanks to the connectors. Having an air relief wotsit in the connector sounds good to. They list Festool as being compatible on the tool end but don't mention them for the vac end though. I'm pretty much all in on Festool for things wanting extraction after getting fed up with incompatibilities between hoses and tools and adaptors that wobble off but these look pretty good off the bat.
Yep, for the £30 price tag I was convinced I’d need a roll of duct tape but not the case. All of the connectors fit really solidly. Both of two Tool-end connectors also fit each machine, ie one fits snugly as an internal connection and the other fits as an external connection. It’s been pretty well thought out.

thick_mike

Wood Shortener
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for something like this since I got my domino. I was just in the shed taking some photos for a bodge I have worked out to address the Festool extraction connector problem (funny coincidence).

I use a cheap Aldi wet and dry vac for dust extraction, but the hose doesn’t fit the ports on my Dewalt mitre saw or Festool domino. I thought I’d try shrinking PET drinks bottles to make a coupler and it has worked pretty well...

I was a bit worried about melting the little extraction port on the domino, so I used a piece of curtain pole to approximate the diameter of the Festool connector...

It wasn’t quite wide enough, so it split when I put it on, but I’ll take that as proof of concept :)

Needs a bit of refining, but they work, and they were free.