Festool CXS 1.5ah

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippymart

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I am thinking of purchasing one of these beauties and was wondering if anyone has one and can give any feedback about it.

cheers

they are nice, neat and small but I think the C12 is about the same price and that takes a lot of beating.

I've got a C15 which is pretty much the same as the C12, although they are both heavier than the csx they have about the same length from chuck to back. The csx is nice though if you are only drilling smallish holes or driving small screws, it is more comfortable to use because the handle is that much thinner, it's doesn't have a brushless motor though.

Oryxdesign":nh0164cp said:
they are nice, neat and small but I think the C12 is about the same price and that takes a lot of beating.
C12 is much bigger - fatter grip, found it very uncomfortable, personally - and not at all the same price, either; CXS is ~£150 for the basic kit, ~£220 for the set. C 12 starts around ~£400 basic, ~£500 for the set.

CXS set is worth having for the angle chuck. Had 10.8 Bosch and Makita before, CXS is streets ahead, if only for the little touches - belt clip, magnetic front face that stores bits and screws. And stonking batteries; comes as a real surprise when they run flat ;)

I have the CXS and the T15 - nice combo.

HTH Pete

Oryxdesign":3vyco0h2 said:
Well, OK, but that's with one small battery, just the centrotec chuck and no charger. A 'working' C12 kit runs to around £395, vs ~£260 for the CXS set. If you can live with one battery then the base CXS is ~£150 + VAT btw, so ~ £180 inc, my mistake - but at least you get a charger and a chuck. And a systainer ;)

The grip is fatter on the C series which doesn't suit everybody.
Agreed - as fine a drill as the C12 is, it was quite a relief to switch back to the T-series. The CXS is my go-to drill/driver though, and probably covers 90% of my work. I do prefer it with the centrotec chuck, as I found it to be a bit too front-heavy with the regular chuck.

Cheers, Pete

flounder":1rwf5izy said:
Is the only difference between the C15 and the T15 the design? Spec wise they appear to be the same?
Yep, I think so; there might be a teensy torque difference between them, but otherwise I think it's the same contents in a different package.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Going to replace my makita 10.8v drills with the CXS then. Went to get one from my local dealer and he has completely sold out. Typical!Guess the deal with the free drill set to good to resist.

Martin

Back