Festool CMS System

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

py6km

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm rather disappointed to learn that the Festool CMS System appears to have been discontinued as I was hoping to get one and the router insert for use in my little garage.

I can still get a basic CMS table by the looks of it from existing stock, but the router insert seems to have disappeared completely.

Does anyone know of there are plans for a replacement (I am assuming not as it seems related to some kind of EU regulation that Festool, being German, have to adhere to)?

If not, would anyone happen to know of anywhere (or anyone) who might have the router insert for sale? My searches have proved fruitless so far.

It's a shame, as I finally managed to scrape up enough to get a DF700 as well, and want the router kit to be able to properly make some nice bits of 'furniture' (inverted commas due to my level of competence!)

I had one with the router module for years and it was OK.... very very occasionally I used the inverted jigsaw module. Last year I sold it all and instead went for a Trend router table with the T11 router. The difference is incredible - so much more stability with the trend system. I sold it on eBay for more than the costs of the new items I replaced them with - I think the CMS system is overrated but just my opinion
Cheers Mark

Thanks Mark - that's interesting because, to be honest, I'd not even considered other options. I'll take a look at the Trend offering as I'm not dead set on the Festool - it just seemed quite convenient and I was expecting it would be good quality like most other bits of Festool kit.

I went the other way - from the Trend MKII table and T11 to the CMS with the OF1400. The Trend table wasn't the bigger variety and, as such, proved too small.

The CMS router inserts are selling for silly money on the bay these days if they come up. Wouldn't part with mine as it's the add-ons (sliding table, extension and the UG wings for long lengths) that make it a very versatile tool that packs down well. All a moot point when you can't buy it any more though.

Unsure of the cost of the CMS kit but it's not small money. Have you considered the Jessem table, fence, router lift and AUK fixed body router to go in it ? You can (or certainly could) buy it all in the UK....
Always happy to try and spend someone else's money for them :)

Sideways":350jou28 said:
Unsure of the cost of the CMS kit but it's not small money. Have you considered the Jessem table, fence, router lift and AUK fixed body router to go in it ? You can (or certainly could) buy it all in the UK....

Thanks - that looks like great kit. It seems they sell some of it at Rutlands, but most is out of stock - will do some more digging to find out more!

My trend table is the Trend WRT
Seems bigger than my old Festool to me - and certainly feels more solid and dependable. I never liked the splayed legs on the Festool CMS - it was easily 'jolted'

py6km":27cs5fwe said:
Sideways":27cs5fwe said:

Thanks - that looks like great kit. It seems they sell some of it at Rutlands, but most is out of stock - will do some more digging to find out more!

Woodworkers workshop had it all listed. I'd buy from them ...

Sideways":2jdhpe30 said:
py6km":2jdhpe30 said:
Sideways":2jdhpe30 said:

Woodworkers workshop had it all listed. I'd buy from them ...

Wonderful, thanks - had never heard of them before! They're only about an hour away from me as well - going there will give me something to look forward to when we're eventually allowed out again!

Have to say, the JessEm stuff looks like really good stuff

Back