Festool Carvex - Initial release model problems advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

Considering im mainly using it for rough cuts to then move on to a router im thinking theres not really too much point getting a better one. Though do want one that I can use for cutting raw timber to size, plus I never know what else in future I might want it to do. I agree the very fact its a jigsaw will mean limitation on the quality of cut.

I can see what someone meant about the Festool being a bit snobbish. They do look like good tools but it looks like the company is also very good at marketing and they have an owners group, which seems a little ridiculous.

Tetsuaiga":1uoj4x3c said:
I can see what someone meant about the Festool being a bit snobbish. They do look like good tools but it looks like the company is also very good at marketing and they have an owners group, which seems a little ridiculous.

The owners group is a forum just like this one great for getting help and advice , if only all tool companies had one. Oh and it wasn't started by festool it started as a yahoo group and then USA festool got involved a few years back.

Tetsuaiga":1w77iira said:

Festools aren't snobbish, though some of the owners might be :D Mostly it's the tools that do the marketing rather than the company. :lol: The Festool owners forum is one of the best sources of general woodworking information around. It's as good as this one is, but with more information about the Festool range. Go and take a look you will be pleasantly surprised.

Latest posts

Back